2024-03-28, 12:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress for teh win!111  (Read 6634 times)
Gnam

Makron

« on: 2007-03-07, 17:59 »

Hello, guys. I just dropped in to see what the status of Gen was, and I was pleasantly surprised to see in the .plan you guys are finally getting the weapon animations done and moving along at a relatively steady pace. At one time it looked like those animations would never become a reality and version 1.0 was just a pipe dream, but every thing's finally all coming together as has been planned for years. Nice work guys. Maybe I'll drop in on a forum game sometime soon. Slipgate - Laugh

Lastly, I know I was the one last year saying Tab didn't need to redo all the models cause they were already very good, but after all this time and after practically ever other weapon has been remodeled, the doom single shottie looks rather simple and primitive compared to everything else. As I've said before, part of the issue is that its positioning in the hud makes it look like a black drinking straw stickin' out of doomguy's mouth, so perhaps when the weapon animations are done it will look fine, but at this point if there are any weapons to be remodeled, that's probably the one.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-07, 18:01 by Gnam » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-03-07, 22:20 »

Actually, what you have missed, and will have to wait to see, is what we've got done on the animations and related repositioning of the weapons. Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about.. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2007-03-08, 00:38 »

Indeed.  I like how the Doom shotty works even more than the original sprite.  If that doesn't put you at ease, I don't know what will.  <3

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #3 on: 2007-03-08, 14:48 »

Awesome, I can't wait for the next release!

BTW, I saw some time ago (I was lurking) the new grunt and light gaurd models Tabun made, and heard about the Major skins (I have yet to see them). Are what's-his-name's Q2 Grunt skins ever being released and are there anymore extra models/skins planned for the next release?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2007-03-08, 17:45 »

Nothing planned -- and nothing ruled out :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #5 on: 2007-03-08, 21:55 »

What about the Jaeger model/skin for Slipgate?

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-23, 16:34 »

One bridge at a time.  Right now I'm knee deep in the code, and Tab's hip deep in real life issues.  I have no idea what our beta test crew is up to at the moment as I'm usually on when they're not, and vice-versa, but probably the same as Tab.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-29, 19:28 »

I do have to say this mod has come a long way since I started playing it.  Slipgate - Smile  Excellent job guys!  <3  <3

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-30, 07:07 »

I'll beta test for you Pho. I've got time. Slipgate - Smile

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: