2024-04-19, 02:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reincarnation (What would you be?)  (Read 8961 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #20 on: 2007-07-16, 22:23 »

Bird! I love cats, but reincarnate as a cat is not an option. They have a great freedom, I mean, they can pratically go anywhere they want!

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #21 on: 2007-07-16, 22:25 »

I'd go with mink.. tho it would have to be an anthropomorphed version of one. Slipgate - Wink

So I'm foolish.. I'd rather be cute than fly.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2007-07-16, 22:41 »

Why is reincarnating as a cat not an option? Because you've overlooked it? :]

By the way, why have you both switched to cutesy anime-identities? Doom - Huh?

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #23 on: 2007-07-16, 22:49 »

By the way, why have you both switched to cutesy anime-identities? Doom - Huh?

I'm a furry. Thanks. Can't stand anime.. actually one of few (furries) to say that.

Saying 'why' I changed is long and drug out, and don't feel like saying it again. But this name and 'identity' better reflects who I am now than SpAwN did.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2007-07-16, 23:02 »

Ah. I can't say I'm particularly inclined to make a huge distinction between "furries" (whatever that may be, precisely), and "anime character fans," for it is pretty much the same to me -- as everything is, when viewed from big enough of a distance. It doesn't help that this: is supposedly mr. Mink. :]

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #25 on: 2007-07-16, 23:38 »

Dogs have a particularly hard time booking flights, you know..  Slipgate - Roll Eyes

Only due to lack of opposable thumbs and an inability to speak human languages... That could change... maybe... doubtful... but meh, I'd rather be a dog than a bird.  The ability to fly is no fun without other abilities such as telekinesis or the ability to control time and whatnot.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2007-07-17, 02:25 »

Don't knock it until you've tried it.  I can think of nothing finer than flying.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #27 on: 2007-07-18, 07:20 »

Wow, dragon's a pretty popular choice... and for good reason, depending on whose work you read they can fly (duh no really?) breath fire, shapeshift, telepathy, teleport, and a myriad of other supernatural gifts.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2007-07-18, 14:40 »

Aside from the question which of the various selections of abilities and properties would fit the dragon in question (we may be dealing with a Komodo dragon -- which does not fly, knows no impressive magical tricks and its biggest 'supernatural gift' is smelling like an abandoned, infested eggfarm) -- Aside from that, one interesting property I would like to have if I were to reincarnate is to actually exist. :p Slipgate - Wink

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #29 on: 2007-07-18, 15:40 »

The idea of being reincarnated kind of implies existence.  I thought that was a given...  Slipgate - Tongue

Now as for the poll's purposes, "dragon" in this sense is referring to the classical variety as depicted in myth and legend and I dare say popular culture, not the giant monitor lizards occupying the island of Komodo.  As for whether I mean European dragon or Eastern dragon, that's open to interpretation.  Whatever the voter's idea of a dragon is or should be is what they'd be voting for.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2007-07-18, 15:41 »

Still you have to admit it'd be funny in a way to see someone signing up for Dragon-Power! and ending up as a Komodo tourist attraction.. ;]

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2007-07-18, 15:50 »

That "tourist attraction" has lethal bacteria in its saliva, and it's body is typically covered in the same bacteria.  Getting bit or even getting a scrape by one means you're dead in 3 days without immediate medical attention.  It's immune to its own bacteria, and it's at the top of the food chain on the island.  I imagine that would still be a bit of a let down though.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #32 on: 2007-07-18, 16:18 »

I very well aware of all that -- and I wouldn't dream of trying to tackle one, knowing it could easily stomp or poison me. I just meant, like you say, that it would probably be a let down for anyone hoping for the mystical abilities people are praising here. ;]

Oh well, all this is coming from someone who picked "Cat", so.. perhaps I should add that I'm talking about reincarnation as a Thundercat! :]

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #33 on: 2007-07-18, 16:38 »

Works for me.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #34 on: 2007-08-08, 20:01 »

ummm that's a tricky one

are mythical creatures ok?

because if they are i'd quite like to be a sphinx, you know human head, lion body, batlike wings

cause then you'de get to be a cat and fly

genius
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: