2024-04-25, 09:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 01-18-2008  (Read 3813 times)
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2008-01-22, 09:14 »

Cloverfield lives up to the hype.  It is the best movie I have ever seen.  It is also the most unnerving movie I have ever seen.  I never want to see this film again.

I will purchase the film whenever it is released in a High-Definition format.  I will watch the special features.  I may even purchase a 5.1 or a 7.1 surround system as a result of this movie.  However, I will never (maybe,) watch the film again.

This movie is not Blair Witch.  (Thank God.)  This movie is not Godzilla.  This movie is you being the camera.

This movie will make you afraid.  This movie will make you cry.  This movie will make you realize your own mortality and how precious life is.  Don't squander it.

Getting less serious...

Thanks to the effort of films like The Host, D-War, and Cloverfield, the giant monster movie genre is coming back.  Perhaps Godzilla will come out of retirement (for a third time,) as well.

Getting less serious...

Star Trek is coming out of retirement.  There will be another movie.  I have no idea what about.  It's simply titled "Star Trek" and J.J. Abrams will be the producer.  He produced Cloverfield if you didn't know.

Getting more serious...

If you don't own Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and would like to, see this thread.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-23, 01:04 »

Godzilla just recently went into retirement. Final Wars wasn't released too long ago after all, and it was at least a decent effort. The Millennium Series in general was pretty good, with "Godzilla, Mothra & King Gidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack" probably being one of my favorite Godzilla films ever. As far as I'm concerned however, the American Godzilla can stay dead and retired.

Star Trek is a prequel (because that worked so well for Enterprise), that will follow Kirk and Spock during their academy days. It certainly doesn't sound very promising. Then again, I haven't been too impressed with anything from the series since The Next Generation (and their respective films - even Nemesis, but perhaps not Generations). Note: Voyager was alright, though I found about half of the characters to be a little on the cheesy side.

And on an opinionated, elitist, personal note. I can't see why the industry has been fawning over Abrams lately, as I think he tends to produce over-rated filler. Slipgate - Tongue
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-23, 06:06 »

Godzilla just recently went into retirement. Final Wars wasn't released too long ago after all, and it was at least a decent effort.
My fear was that without Godzilla, the giant monster movie genre would die out until its revival.

The Millennium Series in general was pretty good, with "Godzilla, Mothra & King Gidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack" probably being one of my favorite Godzilla films ever.
Mine too.  The suit design for Godzilla in GMK is also my favorite.

As far as I'm concerned however, the American Godzilla can stay dead and retired.
Haha.  I liked the Tristar film but yeah, that creature was not Godzilla. Slipgate - Smile

Star Trek is a prequel (because that worked so well for Enterprise), that will follow Kirk and Spock during their academy days.
Enterprise was pretty bad. :p  I wouldn't mind a prequel to the original series as long as it's done right.  I just hope that Shatner's not in it.  That guy is such a douche-bag.

Then again, I haven't been too impressed with anything from the series since The Next Generation (and their respective films - even Nemesis, but perhaps not Generations). Note: Voyager was alright, though I found about half of the characters to be a little on the cheesy side.
I thought Generations sucked but I liked all of the other TNG films.  I'm also a big fan of Voyager.

And on an opinionated, elitist, personal note. I can't see why the industry has been fawning over Abrams lately, as I think he tends to produce over-rated filler. Slipgate - Tongue
I can't say I'm familiar with any of his work other than Armageddon and Cloverfield, both of which I enjoyed.  Along the same lines though, Peter Jackson can spork right off. Slipgate - Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: