2024-03-29, 10:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mailing List for Getting a Game  (Read 4599 times)
bengreenwood

Ogre

« on: 2008-06-06, 21:24 »

Hi,

On the youtube page where I uploaded the Generations trailer, I noticed in the comments that a lot of people think the mod looks awesome, but they can't find games with human players. I asked about this before, and was told there were games at 9PM CET or eastern but whenever I've looked, no-one's been playing, apart from a few bots.

So basically I was thinking, how's about a mailing list, where if you're interested in playing Generations, you add yourself to it, and then if you want a game in the next 24 hours, you send a message to the mailing list saying what time you'll be on.

I mean, the trailer's got like 4000 hits now so if I put the mailing list details up there it seems like this could get loads more people playing. Alternately they could just go on the servers page.

Does anyone else think this might work? If so, anyone know how to set it up?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-07, 00:21 »

Uhm isnt it just easier to make a post on it on these forums? Slipgate - Smile
bengreenwood

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-07, 04:32 »

Well not really man. Then you have to register first, and come here to post. Most people check their emails every day so I mean, it's simpler just to email a mailing list saying you want to play today at a certain time than have to also come to this site.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-07, 10:38 »

Well then im one of those ppls that rarly check my own private e-mail ^^ then again in my opinion its not hard to register on these boards.
bengreenwood

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-07, 15:19 »

Yeah but I just meant from the point of view of getting more players. Some people may just want to play a game of Generations but have nothing to say on here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: