2024-03-29, 12:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are these laws in the States true???  (Read 6807 times)
LunaG

Beta Tester
Baron of Hell

« on: 2010-06-11, 04:57 »

http://www.divinecaroline.com/22323/99603-i-m-arrest-what-fifty-bizarre

Be a Headshot's weblog follower today~!

http://www.headshotsdnbhd.blogspot.com
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-11, 16:36 »

I'm not certain, but it's quite possible.  Some of these laws are downright silly-sounding, but at some point someone had to have done something of the nature described in the law for such a law to have been enacted.  Most are old and archaic state laws from over one hundred years ago that have never been removed from the books but are not enforced at this point in time.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-20, 23:18 »

every country has those weird laws.

here in belgium in my village there is a law that says you can not dry your white laundry outside on a sunday. you can also not mow your lawn on a sunday  Banging Head against Wall

reason. we had a lot of people who had pigeons and raced them ( dont know the right english term ) as a hobby. and some of those birds could get confused with the white laundy and not land on time.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-21, 06:21 »

Dunno how I missed this thread.. but yea, the one for Pennsylvania is correct at least. It IS illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors here. I have no idea why anyone would care, honestly.. or why you'd sleep on a fridge to begin with anyway.

There's also one involving pulling your car off to the side of the road, every mile, if you're driving along a country road at night.. to send up a rocket flare. Wait 10 minutes afterward for the road to be cleared of livestock before continuing. ...Yyyyyyea, needless to say, this law doesn't get enforced at all (not like I think the fridge one does either, but hey.. next time I see someone sleeping on a fridge I'll have to call the police. Serious stuff going on there.. seriously!).

The one town here is required to check their fire hydrants one hour before every fire. ...Yea, I dunno who comes up with these laws either. This one is probably worded horribly wrong, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-21, 06:29 by Thomas Mink » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-08, 07:54 »

As I've heard a state need just so many laws to be recognized as a state. So many added some very unusual laws just to fill the quota. New York has a crazy law that says it's illegal to have an ice cream cone in your pocket on Sundays. Who would do that in the first place. When I lived in Kentucky an old friend of mine got off and an indecency charge relieving himself behind a dumpster in an alley after a bar hoping trip. The law that got him off was it was legal to relieve yourself behind something bigger than a wagon wheel.  Doom - Huh? Why that law was still in the books was behind us but saved him from a pretty large fine and possible jail time. Plus we got a good laugh out of it. 

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-09, 03:55 »

I guess it all depends on how big your wagon is...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: