2024-04-24, 02:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 is now 100% Free  (Read 5088 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2011-06-25, 09:58 »

If you don't have TF2 and have been wondering if it's for you, you don't have to worry about forking out cash.  It's now 100% free.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-25, 22:43 »

I got it a long time ago as part of the Orange Box. It always seemed super fun, but I've never been able to get enough people together to truly play a round with. I hate playing with random strangers. Slipgate - Disappointed
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-25, 22:45 »

This would be great news if I cared about the game at all. Slipgate - Tongue

But seriously, this is nice news for enthusiasts.
MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-26, 04:11 »

Free?!  Have you no mercy, Valve?  Now I have no reason NOT to get it, which means I'll probably be hopelessly addicted.  I'll fail at my studies, let my investments fail, give up my job, forget about my friends...  @%&# you Valve!
If TF2 was free years ago, I would have gone for it, but I just don't "game" enough these days.  Besides, I'm waiting for something else that's free...  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

-Veritas-
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-26, 11:17 »

TF2 was fun.. and it still can be.. but I dunno. I just get a feeling of 'item overload' any more these days when I think about loading it up. A couple variations of the weapons was nice.. but now.. meh. How many different variations of a baseball bat can you possibly have? Or a kukri? Or even a minigun, of all things?

Regardless, I might load it up again now that Heavy finally got an alternate shotgun after about 4 years. We'll see.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-26, 19:25 »

Item overload is pretty much what's turned me off to playing, so I tend to play the bots more than I play actual players now.  It's not as challenging for sure but at least I can have some fun without all the unlocks muddying up the game play.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-27, 04:25 »

I am quite ambivalent to TF2, Firstly due to the lack of official bot support (hey, I like practicing against bots) and secondly because it always feels like I don't have a proper weapon to use.

This is why I dislike most class based games, you get a few weapons that are suited for a specific situation and if you're not in that situation you're sporked, and that happens more often than not.

Feel free to contrast with some mod that you may have heard of where every class has a weapon that more or less fits most combat situations. Slipgate - Smirk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: