2024-04-20, 08:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 4 on Steam + sale  (Read 5032 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2011-08-04, 22:42 »

Just passing along some information. As the topic says, Quake 4 is now available on Steam for $19.99.

In celebration of QuakeCon, they have put all Id Software and Bethesda titles on the Steam service on sale for varying amounds... with the exception of Q4. Oh well.

Or! There is the "Quakecon Pack 2011," which contains every Id Software and Bethesda title on the service (including Q4) for a total of $69.99.

The sale runs through August 8th. I guess that makes is kind of a birthday present to me? Slipgate - Smirk

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-05, 03:02 »

Heya folks, been a while!

I went and bought the Quake 4 pack just for the Q1 RL in TF2:

Good times... good times.  Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-05, 09:53 »

Holy crap, it's Tekhead!  And WTF... Quake RL in TF2?  That's just crazy.  Style-wise they went the same direction we did with the nose section, minus the vents on the three ridges.  If I hadn't already purchased the collector's edition of Quake 4 for $10.00 a few years back, and if I still played TF2 actively I'd consider it for this rocket launcher.  I guess once it goes craftable I'll make one and try it out.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-05, 16:03 »

I considered getting Quake 4 just for that, actually. I already have it on disk however, and don't play TF2 as much as I should. Slipgate - Disappointed
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-05, 23:45 »

[purist]
Pretty sexy Q1 RL there.. but I'll bet it doesn't work like it did in QWTF. Powerful Q1 rockets, but you couldn't interrupt a reload.. so if you shot 3 rockets and reloaded, you HAVE to reload all 3 of those rockets. Of course, you had grenades to help fill that gap a bit.
[/purist]

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-06, 01:07 »

i love how its positioned at the center and does the same damage  :slippy_thumb. need to start playing tf2

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: