2024-03-29, 11:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some quastions  (Read 5407 times)
mkill

Unnamed Player

« on: 2011-08-16, 16:46 »

hi there,
at first i want to say THX for this great mod!

i find this mod yesterday and i like it very much, even some friends like it too. but about one point i am a bit disapointed, i cant find any servers :-(. is this great mod dead? i hope not!

an other question is, it is possible to disable selfdamage? because of making rocketjumps without taking damage.

and the last quastion is, will there be brightmodels like in cpma/osp?

thx so far, lg mkill
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-16, 17:49 »

The mod is definitely not dead.  We do need to work on hosting some servers as we recently lost our two most stable hosts.  We'll be working on that shortly.

Right now there's no way to disable self-damage without using the /god cheat command.  If you just want to practice rocket jumping, at the console, use /devmap to enable cheats on a map, for example, /devmap gen-q2dm1.  Once the map loads, type /god at the console and you can rocket jump all you like.

As for bright skins, there's no plan on that.  Gen is based purely around the classic games and CPMA/OSP are tourney mods with a specific play style.  Bright skins by nature make players more visible.  That takes away from the game play as players that would prefer to see classic skins will not have the visibility advantage that players using bright skins will have.  The only skin we've considered problematic as far as visibility is concerned is the Bones/bones skin, which is the non-glowing skeleton.  We've fixed this by modifying the model's shader to provide a minimum visibility level so it is not any harder to see than any other model/skin combination.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
mkill

Unnamed Player

« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-17, 07:32 »

thx for the answer  Doom - Thumbs Up!

i know how to do rocketjumps ;-) but i wanted to disable selfdamage for the game because the quake 1 class becomes more efficient, because you can move much faster as the others around corners while yousing the rockets without losing health. mybe the clanarena mode would be nice, there are any plans for?

lg mkill
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-17, 09:25 »

Clan Arena is something we've thought about, and will probably make it in as a game play mode at some point.  Slipgate - Cool

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
mkill

Unnamed Player

« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-17, 13:16 »

i hope, it would be very nice. thx so far!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: