2024-04-19, 10:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 12180 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« on: 2012-08-01, 05:24 »

It is my new obsession, well has been all year. Modding mostly and learning the tools is more of a headache then anything else and keeping my focus on it.
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-02, 05:00 »

Skyrim should be a must play for most gamers. The only bad thing is the traveling, I always find myself trying climb a mountain instead of circling around it that ends up being 3 miles long, it turns out I'm not supposed to climb it  Slipgate - Shouting

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-02, 13:33 »

I played Skyrim for a bit... then I took an arrow to the knee and lost interest in finishing it.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-02, 16:45 »

« Last Edit: 2012-08-03, 15:51 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-02, 17:13 »

I played Skyrim for a bit... then I took an arrow to the knee and lost interest in finishing it.
Didn't finish it either.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-03, 02:53 »

Eh, it's not a bad time killer, about the same as other recent Bethesda games like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Don't know if it's worthy of rabid fanboyism though.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-03, 03:10 »

For my tastes, Morrowind is still the best experience in the series. I absolutely hated Oblivion, and while Skyrim does a lot of things right, it just doesn't have the spark that Morrowind did.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-03, 15:30 »

For my tastes, Morrowind is still the best experience in the series. I absolutely hated Oblivion, and while Skyrim does a lot of things right, it just doesn't have the spark that Morrowind did.
I find that a bit interesting because I hated Morrowind so much that it made me skip over Oblivion entirely. It even took a bit of egging for me to give Skyrim a try. Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Kajet

Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-04, 05:34 »

I'm sorry but for me Morrowind feels like I need a pickaxe to get into it, I don't like the invisible die rolls that determine if I hit or not.

Pity too since Morrowind looks like it's a pretty good game otherwise.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-04, 06:49 »

That is an agreeable downside. It's not a big deal if you have any sort of background with pen & paper RPGs, but it can be a bit of a disconnect in a video games. When you hit something your your sword, you expect to hit it... not make an accuracy roll.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-06, 19:07 »

TES in general, and Skyrim in particular now, are an ongoing evolution that tends to be a mixed bag.

Morrowind was beautiful because of the sheer level of personal customization players had. Oblivion and Skyrim have both reduced that, but with that reduction they've been granted more artistic freedom and fewer programming headaches.. Morrowind had scripting issues all over the place, and the new Daedric and faction quests in skyrim show off some of the major growth they've had. Not to mention FINALLY adding procedural quests.

I drastically miss the item-by-item equipment, and the stats-based enchanting.. But I'm also rather enamored of some of the changes to the skills and combat system..

The increasing reduction of enchantable gear is pretty sad as well..

I love the addition of crafting from scratch, and I'd like to see the variety from Morrowind make a return.. I miss asymetrical equpment.. Slipgate - Sad

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Kajet

Vadrigar

« Reply #11 on: 2012-08-06, 20:06 »

I believe I've seen mods that add morrowind equipment, or at least weapons to skyrim on the steam workshop thing...

Say ANYTHING you want about the TES series but you gotta admit, it's got a hell of a fanbase and modding community.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2012-08-06, 22:04 »

Well at first i just ran thru skyrim did the main quests then stopped, but now i gave it another spin and did faction quest n so on i must say i enjoy them! Thought i believe the crafting system is utterly boring why even spend time doing it? :S besides gear overall in skyrim is abit...boring.
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #13 on: 2012-09-04, 10:11 »

So addicted here. I had to take a break from it to get in some other games lol... The combat seems solid, the map is quite large and doesn't seem to have that "attack roll" combat. Plus with the DLC, vampire lords... oh yeah  Doom - Love but that's if that is your thing. I've always wanted a 1st person RPG that let me do my thing and not the developers thing and this one is it. Although finishing the main quest is a plus. It does help a lot. It is still one of my all time favs next to my classic games and pen and paper games in other posts.  Doom - Love

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #14 on: 2012-09-09, 18:17 »

All I know about Skyrim is this and this.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2012-09-10, 03:51 »

What more do you need to know?

Maybe this or this.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #16 on: 2012-09-10, 09:16 »

Unfortunately I play it on the 360 and don't have console commands  Slipgate - Sad But that stuff would be funny as anything to do with npc's lol  Slipgate - Laugh

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #17 on: 2012-09-11, 01:43 »

Unfortunately I play it on the 360 and don't have console commands  Slipgate - Sad But that stuff would be funny as anything to do with npc's lol  Slipgate - Laugh
You miss out on the mods sadly.

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #18 on: 2012-09-12, 10:23 »

Ya but I have the expansion though  Doom - Love ... Yet I still wonder why it's taking sooooo long for it to come out on PC and PS3 though. As far as I know it should have been out long before now.

Plus a lot of the mods from the PC are being implemented into the console versions through patches. Which is fine by me... I hated the pain of modding Oblivion. What a pain.  Banging Head against Wall

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #19 on: 2012-09-13, 00:35 »

Uh... the expansion is out on the PC. It has been for quite a while now, in fact. Installing mods has always been simple and pleasurable in TES games. The plugin system makes it very straight-forward. No like some Q3A mods, for example.

Bethesda games are so heavily dependent upon the mod community that it's really not even worth having the game with them. Not for anywhere near full price at least. Nevermind those terrible gamepad controls. Slipgate - Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: