2024-03-28, 22:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Russian Perspective  (Read 8229 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2012-11-25, 22:56 »

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columni...9-11-2012/122849-obama_soviet_mistake-0/

I find this to be a rather interesting perspective on America's situation politically and economically.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-26, 05:56 »

I stopped reading this halfway. America, more like Obama, is seen in a negative view. It's not Obama who f***ed up our economy, blame Bush. Sounds like Rita Skeeter wrote this if you ask me.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-26, 18:04 »

Obama is seen in a negative way by about half the United States if you look at the election tally.  That someone else in the world would feel negatively toward him should not be any surprise, just as Bush was seen in a mixed light at various points during his presidency.  Politics, religion, and Apple fandom stir strong feelings and are often controversial, which is why I posted this in this forum. Slipgate - Wink

As for myself, I simply find it interesting to see what people in other countries think and thought I would share it - Russia in particular owing to America's cold war with the USSR.  As for who wrote it, Pravda is a Russian news publication.

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #3 on: 2012-11-27, 01:21 »

Obama is seen in a negative way by about half the United States if you look at the election tally.

Well about 10% of that vote is made of people who are under the influence of a Republican Distric, so some don't really care who wins, which sounds a lot like peer pressure. I know people will always loathe others, but the writer wrote this with some sort of fury, like he needs to inform the people of some monstrosity.
I will admit, this point of view is pretty interesting, it didn't appeal me entirely due to some of the comments, but I'd like to see more being addressed like this.

Also, the writer I said was from literature. (Harry Potter)

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #4 on: 2012-11-28, 19:42 »

Politics, religion, and Apple fandom stir strong feelings and are often controversial, which is why I posted this in this forum. Slipgate - Wink

Hold on just a second here! Apple fandom? Let's not even open that can of worms. Can't we just stick to wholesome topics like religion and politics?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2012-11-28, 20:06 »

Ahh, yes.  I think I'll leave Pandora's Box alone for a change.  It's more fun to open when it just lets out a bunch of gryphons that trash New York.  Slipgate - Laugh

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2012-12-31, 10:16 »

Sadly i fight the Apple fanwars everyday i go to work Slipgate - Sad But i will never give up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: