2024-03-28, 17:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A rather thought-provoking editorial  (Read 7043 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2013-01-26, 09:34 »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/20...d-the-fools-of-chelm-by-david-mamet.html

I the light of the recent shootings at Sandy Hook and all the media frenzy and political circus surrounding it, I found this to be a good bit of common sense.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-26, 09:50 »

And to add in a dose of some of the foolishness:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/dem-senato...a-false-sense-of-courage/article/2519587

First... a ban on semi-automatic rifles would not have stopped anything as there is documented video of police removing the rifle from the trunk of the car, and the report by Federal authorities on the scene indicated only pistols were found inside the school.  Since the killer suicided inside the school does anyone but the gullible and ignorant actually believe he went and put the rifle back in the car, went back inside and then shot himself?

Second, to borrow someone else's proverb, video games cause crime like flies cause garbage.  If anything needs to be regulated it's the idiots that knee-jerk and want to cram new laws and regulations down everyone's throats the instant something bad happens.  The only thing more disgusting than the perpetrators of murder are the foul hell-spawn wearing business suits and crocodile smiles that seek to capitalize on tragedy after the fact.

tl;dr:  I hate politicians.  Go frag some shamblers.
  Slipgate - Shouting

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-26, 12:27 »

That second one reeks of Columbine all over again. I think people need to blame something.. so they blame video games because it's easy to do so. Especially first person shooters. It can't just be that so-and-so had some kind of mental lapse and shot people before killing himself. No, it's obviously Call of Duty's fault.. just like it was Doom's in the past.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-26, 19:10 »

Just like it was Dungeons and Dragons before Doom.  Even the NRA - whom I normally agree with on a lot of things - jumped on the "blame video games" bandwagon.  It seems everyone wants to blame everything except for the person that made the decision to kill.

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-16, 02:38 »

Grrrr, all these people hating on video games makes me want to get some guns and kill them all!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: