2024-03-28, 15:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 3 Revolution Player skins  (Read 40864 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #40 on: 2016-05-29, 19:55 »

Cheers, Pho. Have a few other lines of investigation to check out first, as it turns out I was looking in the wrong place for the skin files (the player models are in a folder called ps2anims of all things O_O), so it may well be referncing stuff that I haven't included yet. One of the deprecated shader files references a whole host of envmaps which are in the game data but were never used, meaning that even what was finally released wasn't anywhere near as awesome-looking as what Bullfrog had in mind. What you see above is Doom's final form in the released version.

Gonna have some fun tonight. it seems Sipgate - Evil

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #41 on: 2016-05-30, 15:56 »

Almost there:

leilei

Spectre

OA lead

« Reply #42 on: 2016-05-31, 22:10 »

cool Slipgate - Smile

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #43 on: 2016-06-01, 00:36 »

Got Hunter's Warlord and Lord of Battle class skins working:

Unfortunately, the Freeman class skin texture is irreparably butchered as per the TCRF page and the Warlord class head texture is solid black, so those two are unusable.

All that's left now is the icons (I'm shit with true colour transparency, so this should be fun O_O) and we're golden.

Once again, gotta give props to torridGristle and Yagotzirck for making this finally possible.

Matsilagi

« Reply #44 on: 2016-06-01, 03:17 »

Got Hunter's Warlord and Lord of Battle class skins working:

Unfortunately, the Freeman class skin texture is irreparably butchered as per the TCRF page and the Warlord class head texture is solid black, so those two are unusable.

All that's left now is the icons (I'm shit with true colour transparency, so this should be fun O_O) and we're golden.

Once again, gotta give props to torridGristle and Yagotzirck for making this finally possible.

Hooray! Hope to see those this week.
Amazing work to all of you, the methods you guys used are better than my methods.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #45 on: 2016-06-01, 18:21 »

That's pretty impressive stuff there, Scal!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #46 on: 2016-06-01, 23:31 »

Aaaaaand ... here they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/emnkw4cr77ba55h/q3rskins.pk3

Have fun!

EDIT: Quick update to fix Daemia's bot files.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-02, 01:02 by scalliano » Logged

Colton

Unnamed Player

« Reply #47 on: 2016-07-01, 00:07 »

Is it possible to recreate the other Hunter head skins? Would like to see them in there too. One of the torso skins would need to be fixed pixel by pixel (the Freeman torso skin at least). The Warrior head skin would need to be done the same way. The freeman skin, however, can be recreated by using it's face & impanting it on top of the Warlord/Lord of Battle skins, whilst for the head piece (what is that called anyway?) you could simply use Hunter's default head skin. And are you also gonna do the icons for the Freeman & Warrior skins while you're at it too please? Anyways, nice work. Slipgate - Thumbs up! Doom - Thumbs Up! Doom - Love Slipgate - Love Anyways, how did scalliano manage to open the linkfile.lnk archive anyway?
« Last Edit: 2016-07-01, 00:43 by Colton » Logged
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #48 on: 2017-02-13, 23:53 »

Aaaaaand ... here they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/emnkw4cr77ba55h/q3rskins.pk3

Have fun!

EDIT: Quick update to fix Daemia's bot files.

Really great stuff here, Scal! I saw you also put them up on the Steam Workshop for Quake Live. Good job all around! Slipgate - Smile
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: