2024-03-29, 00:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't let Bronies work on your mods  (Read 10412 times)
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2021-01-30, 20:50 »

This is so so funny. You guys thought Gen had legal problems back in the day get a load of this. https://www.pcgamer.com/massive-fallout-...-frontier-taken-offline-by-its-creators/
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2021-02-01, 12:53 »

I read the article.  I'm not sure what bronies have to do with this, but it seems pretty extreme for the mod authors to take an entire project down because of a single team member posting "animated pedophilic content".  I'm assuming this is drawings of underage humans?  It sounds like that wasn't even part of the mod but was posted somewhere else.  I sure as hell wouldn't nuke Gen if it ever turns out that [OTHER TEAM MEMBER] was involved in something sketchy somewhere completely unrelated to the project.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2021-02-02, 00:19 »

Yeah i saw in a video that was a Bronie and of course all bronies are perverts. Well the mod also getting flack for some questionable content involving underage characters and some weird fetish jokes. I'm sure it turning out that one of their devs was a degenerate pushed them over the cliff. I expect they will remove the off color humor and any content by the Bronie pervert and then bring it back later.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2021-02-02, 01:52 »

I see.  I certainly don't agree that all bronies are perverts, I rather enjoy the cartoon myself, though I'm not sure if your statement was meant to convey a since opinion or a satirical jab at a stereotype.

Regarding said pervy individual, the video in the article of the 6 minutes in the snake creature den was a bit cringy dialogue-wise but incredibly tame compared to what's out on the internet.  That didn't seem like a big deal to me.  If he was putting pedophilic or implied pedophilic content into the mod then I can certainly understand the other team members being upset and wanting to drop him like a nuclear potato after finding out he's an outright pedophile.

I just hate to see any mod project get cancelled over a knee-jerk reaction and a single bad actor.  I hope they can salvage it.

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2021-02-22, 16:24 »

Looks like its back. Thats good It would be a shame to waste all that work because of one pervert.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2021-02-23, 06:02 »

Good!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: