2024-03-29, 11:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipgaters Are Here!  (Read 5707 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2022-01-12, 02:32 »

Full Size

The Slipgaters have arrived from dimensions unknown.  Strogg Troopers will be inbound soon.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-12, 02:34 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
KAIL333XZ

Imp

I'm mechanical one!

« Reply #1 on: 2022-01-14, 02:53 »

It's good to know that only one Generation left to be done!

I have a questions that bothers me since Quake's recent official update: will you port all the new high quality sounds from a Quake Remaster to Generations Arena? I suppose it'll be a good thing if it is possible.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2022-01-14, 07:49 »

No promises, but I'll be looking at sound stuff after the model work is complete.  Slipgate - Wink

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #3 on: 2022-01-14, 20:05 »

The Enforcer! Slipgate - Love

"Halt! You there! Stop! Freeze!"
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #4 on: 2022-01-23, 22:50 »

That's great! Good work, Phoenix!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Noddynod443

Unnamed Player

« Reply #5 on: 2022-01-27, 08:53 »

I have a questions that bothers me since Quake's recent official update: will you port all the new high quality sounds from a Quake Remaster to Generations Arena? I suppose it'll be a good thing if it is possible.

Yay! Saving the best for last. Strogg/Quake 2 is my all time favorite 🤠!
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #6 on: 2022-01-28, 03:13 »

Arena needs no additional work? That's good to know.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2022-02-07, 09:32 »

Arena shouldn't need any animation work at all since it's all default Q3 and Team Arena weapons.  Once all the animations are finished for the 4 classics, the Arena Gladiators will get their animation2.cfg restriction lifted.  This will allow any third-party model to be available for the Arena Gladiators class.  It will work as follows:

Earth, Doom, Slipgate, and Strogg will require an animation2.cfg file to exist for a given player model.  This file is checked when loading the model and loads the new animations, as well as containing a token to restrict which class it can be used for.  If you're an Earth Soldier and you try to select a model that does not have "class earth" in the animation2.cfg file (such as Ranger or Doom since they're a different class), or the animation2.cfg file does not exist, the load request is rejected and you'll be switched to the default Earth Soldiers model (Sarge/default).  If you select a model that does have the animation2.cfg file and class_earth token (Sarge, Mynx, Biker, or Razor) then the load will succeed.

If you're an Arena Gladiator and you select a model that has an animation2.cfg file, the load request is rejected and you'll be switched to the default Arena Gladiators model (Visor/default).

If you're an Arena Gladiator and you select a model that has no animation2.cfg file the load request will succeed.  Example:  Darth Vader, R2D2, Megatron... anything that's not already specified.

Hope that makes sense.  This will really only happen of you use the command line.  The in-game menu will have it set up so you can't pick the wrong model for the wrong class by selecting an icon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: