2024-03-28, 14:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox Deflects Real Bullets (..Seriously)  (Read 7977 times)
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« on: 2003-12-03, 05:31 »

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6084935.html
Xbox deflects real bullets

Irate Marylander shoots his roommates' console, but the 9mm round fails to penetrate its casing.

When called to investigate a shooting last Friday night, police in Anne Arundel County, Maryland found an unlikely culprit--an Xbox.

The Baltimore Sun reports that 34-year old Robert Preston Kersey had grown enraged by his roommates constantly playing their Xbox at high volume. According to the police report, Kersey emerged from his bedroom at 2 a.m. brandishing an automatic pistol. Rather than shoot his roommates, Kersey took aim at the offending Xbox and fired a single shot at the console. While the bullet's impact disabled the Xbox, its thick plastic casing deflected the 9mm round, which ricocheted away harmlessly.

Other than the Xbox, no injuries resulted from the incident. Kersey was later booked on two counts of reckless endangerment and one count of destruction of property.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Flash

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-03, 07:37 »

How Ironic.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-03, 07:40 »

Rofl.

Chief: "Sargent, replace all standard SWAT flak vests with XBOX game consoloes"
Sarge: "May I have permission to speak freely, sir?"
Chief: "Sure"
Sarge: "That's the dumbest idea I've ev....wait, can I get Halo for mine?"
Chief: "If you wish"
Sarge: "You're a genius, sir. I'll get right on it!"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-03, 09:54 »

That's great!  Sounds like Hereti-Corp security agents. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-03, 12:56 »

At least now, we can rest assured that an xbox is good (?) for something.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-03, 15:08 »

And that's why you shouldn't live with room mates.
EDIT:  unless, that was just a polite way of saying...
« Last Edit: 2003-12-03, 15:08 by dna » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-03, 22:21 »

haha well i always thought the xbox was big and heavy..but stopping bullets Slipgate - Laugh GG M$
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-04, 08:15 »

Damn... o.o  It's nice to see other console makers getting on the bandwagon of making a reliable system.  Unlike those other guys... *COUGH*SONY*COUGH*

Plus I've always had the sinking suspicion that MS gave the controllers safety break-away cords simply because the X-Box would break your foot if it ever fell on it.  This news merely reinforces that belief.

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-04, 08:24 »

Plus I've always had the sinking suspicion that MS gave the controllers safety break-away cords simply because the X-Box would break your foot if it ever fell on it. This news merely reinforces that belief.

rofl!!

Not to mention that the controllers themselves are huge, and could conceivably be used as paperweights, curling irons, or hammers.
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-04, 19:06 »

Quote from: Kain-Xavier
Damn... o.o  It's nice to see other console makers getting on the bandwagon of making a reliable system.  Unlike those other guys... *COUGH*SONY*COUGH*

Plus I've always had the sinking suspicion that MS gave the controllers safety break-away cords simply because the X-Box would break your foot if it ever fell on it.  This news merely reinforces that belief.
i like sony stuff!  <_<
Flash

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-04, 22:37 »

Don't cry, it's not like he's going to take your sony stuff away... Slipgate - Wink

He just doesn't like it. Slipgate - Tongue
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-04, 22:46 »

/me takes away all of Omega-X's Sony stuff.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-05, 00:13 »

Quote from: OmEgA-X
i like sony stuff!  <_<
Er... well I was more or less just prodding at the PS2 and the various horror stories I've heard about its DVD support or lack thereof.  I've never had the problem myself and I do like the PS2 an awful lot.  I apologize if I came across as anti-Sony.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-05, 00:14 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-05, 01:11 »

Hmm, my PS2 has been able to handle any DVD I have thrown at it.  With the addition of a Game Shark, it has become a region free player as well.
You can see the quality of the picture is a bit worse than a real DVD player though.  Well, except for those cheapo Walmart ones.  Those suck even more.  And they don't last half as long.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: