2024-03-28, 11:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: So Much For My Christmas Tree (Looks like VA banned live ones)  (Read 12189 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #20 on: 2003-12-23, 16:08 »

Whoops, I forgot all about that.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2003-12-23, 18:50 »

Lil's the local expert on putting fires out, considering the volunteer work he does, so listen to him you will.  As much as I like fire, I do not like seeing people harmed by it.  It does dreadful things when left out of control.  Nearly every fire I see where people die it is because of an act of carelessness.  Most fires I see reported on the news are apartment fires as well.

As for the anti-American slur there earlier, I might remind you all for the first years of schooling American children statistically score as well as those in the Orient.  The farther they progress through the education system, the worse they get.  Americans aren't stupid by birth, their system has failed them and they have failed to correct it.  Politics will be the damnation of all before this is over with.  Remember too that Americans are ethnically rooted in every OTHER land around the globe, so you would do well not to insult the genetic result of the mingling of all of your races as you are only insulting your ancestors in the process.  The only true "Americans" are now near extinction.

I still think the growing of trees merely to be cut down as saplings is barbaric.  I put it right up with factory farming as things that humans do that I detest most.  An artificial tree can last years of use.  As for disposal and plastic taking up landfills, you might want to check out the recycling program of the future: http://www.conelec.com/images/powerpartner...rs%20Sept03.pdf  This was originally in the May issue of Discover but it's blocked from web access.  Check page 3 in that pdf.  You can turn your waste products into fuel instead of screwing up the planet with more and more landfills, and fighting "wars for oil" as people seem to be complaining about lately.  Everyone's trash can become everyone's treasure.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: