2024-04-18, 09:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guest Access  (Read 6810 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2003-12-01, 23:23 »

I got an email last night from an unregistered user.

His question was simple: What posting rights do guests have on the forums?

Well, here goes:

Guests may view any forum, except the beta board, Laced Nepture,  and internal boards. These won't even be visible
Guests may not start new topics anywhere on the forums, with the sole exception of the Bug Reports forum.
Guests may leave comments on the News Forums.  
Guests may not reply elsewhere.
Guests may use the web-IRC client to join our chatrooms.

So guests may leave feedback on the news posts, and may post any bugs or issues they come up with in the bug reports forum. We listen to all of our users' comments. However, to become an active part of the forum community, you'll need to register first.

Registering is simple, fast, and no hassle. Imput your name, password, and email address and you're done. Just click on the link at the top of the forums or on the left sidebar any page within the WireHead network to register.

Update: For any of you who are concerned with privacy issues, as I know some of us geeks are, read Phoenix's comment. He's our resident privacy nutball. Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2004-03-14, 20:58 by ConfusedUs » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-02, 07:10 »

I might also add in, for those who hate registering for anything (like me) or If you're skittish about becoming a member we do NOT do any of the following:

Give away your email address
Send Spam
Sell any information about you
Any other hassle-type BS that ticks people off while on the net

If you get a cookie from this site it is only so you can stay logged in across the pages.  Technical requirement there.  We do show who's logged into the site, but only on the site and the only visible information is your username on the site.  We don't care where you go after you leave here, or what color your underwear is, or anything else like that.  We may send out emails from time to time about a new Gen release or something, but that's about it.  We also take any abuse reports seriously, but we're generally quite open and laid back.  If you're interested more in what we do and want to join in on the fun there's no reason not to register!
 Slipgate - Tongue

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: