2024-03-28, 18:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ring or Ringu? (Thoughts and comments on...)  (Read 5800 times)
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« on: 2003-12-21, 07:03 »

I saw the Ring once it was on Pay-Per-View, however, I have yet to see Ringu. I ordered it last week, and should have it in time for the holidays. I enjoyed the Ring for numerous reasons, but have been told that Ringu is, overall, much better. I merely want to hear some opinions, comparing the merits and flaws from the two movies. Let?s keep it to just these too as well, and leave the sequels and such out Slipgate - Tongue
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-21, 08:08 »

Don't know what Ringu is but saw the Ring.  Thought it was the worst movie.  I did not see why everyone was so hyped up about it.  I had it figured out as soon as they started showing us the stupid film thing.  Yeah, some parts were freaky but not overly horrific.  I was quite disappointed by it.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-21, 13:39 »

IMO, Japanese versions kick US versions nearly every time..
It's just a style thing - I really like Japanese Yakuza-flics too (Takeshi Kitano anyone?).

The Ring had very nice shots, especially where you see what really happens.. good fx. But that was about the only thing that was way nicer handled in The Ring, vs Ringu.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-22, 01:48 »

Did not really care for the ring, being quiet boring, and i fell asleep during the movie....it lacked what i look for in a good movie.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-22, 04:47 »

Don't know, don't care.  Have no interest to see either.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-22, 06:36 »

Ring:

Ringu:

Did I do this correctly?
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2004-01-12, 09:41 »

Well, after viewing Ringu, I do like it much better than the Ring. The American version does have better special effects and a more atmospheric sense of directing. Ringu, however, proceeds to give the audience a far more interesting plot. Besides, the grimey atmosphere and special effects adds to it's individual style, making it seem more like an installment of the Silent Hill series than a blackbuster movie Slipgate - Wink
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-01-19, 13:53 »

What's a blackbuster?
It sounds very much like Officer Coon's job description :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: