2024-04-20, 12:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sever The Sphinx (Beta 1 Download)  (Read 16838 times)
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #20 on: 2003-02-10, 17:00 »

Continuity is good, you chose a good map to remake, it isnt the standard start--switch--finish layout.

However i still think you should get rid of the GL, put a tele there and include the first room of the next map Slipgate - Smile Fainting
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2003-02-10, 21:08 »

hehe your -light time must be quite long.. try to reduce bounce to 6 or 4 when using radiosity you should use as few light's as possbile otherwise the map get overbright and shadow less.

true but still the "berserker" is a holdable powerup don't really matter where u use it..
but you know...you can always place it elsewhere you don't have to stick to the orgininal lvl.
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #22 on: 2003-02-11, 00:16 »

Bounce shouldn't increase the amount of light in the map, in fact when i don't use bounce at all it looks more or less the same
My build time is about 15 minutes BTW

I will put the Berserker in the same place as the Megahealth, team them up so it works perfectly for balance
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #23 on: 2003-02-11, 05:23 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Ooooh, very nice looking!  Must try the beta!  I love the Egyptian theme, makes me all homesick.  I'll be very happy fragging here I think.  Doom and Egypt, what more can you want?  Makes you wonder if Sam isn't about to join in for some coop!  Slipgate - Tongue
Sam? Serious Sam?
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #24 on: 2003-02-11, 15:24 »

Quote from: Lunatic Guy
Serious Sam?
I would assume so...

Anyways, nice map Devlar. The Egyptian theme makes a welcome change, but I never really played Doom much so I can't compare it with the original.
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #25 on: 2003-02-11, 16:47 »

Its very accurate, i like some of the altered stuff, like the jumpads instead of lifts. Quite welcome changes. Some of the buttons have been left out though, like the one near the wireframe structure thingy... cant remember what these activated though Slipgate - Smile... probably best without them

V. Nice Slipgate - Laugh
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #26 on: 2003-02-11, 22:45 »

At this point I'm not really concerned with whether or not it lives up to the original, I just want to know if the gameplay works. I had one person tell me that this map had more dead ends than was allowable, I'm just wondering if anyone else thought that

More Chages
- Added the Medikit teamed it up with the Megahealth so it works perfectly
- I think I'm gonna add a Bot DO NOT ENTER around the Invisibility, because I can't seem to push them off with a botclip, since as i found out, botclips aren't actually inserted into the BSP only the AAS.
- I lowered the lighting in the entire level except for the basement by almost half, so there is more shadowing, It forced me to add 2 extra lanterns in the railgun room
- Added another info_player_deathmatch around the exit platform because I cannot get the bots to jump into the trigger_hurt, they all seem to think it'll instantly kill them

There are actually a few buttons missing, the one your thinking of raised a platform between the shotgun platform and the invulnerability platform. I took it out because this way it forces you to jump into the goo to get it, or at least trick jump over
« Last Edit: 2003-02-11, 22:50 by Devlar » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2003-02-13, 02:36 »

I have to say...this map ROCKS in Hunt. The big courtyard was home to many many large battles.  :hat:
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #28 on: 2003-02-13, 17:35 »

Devlar, you can get to the Pent REALLY easy from the GL balcony,
and getting to that lower door up to the GL balcony is easy without hitting the lava, just gotta hug the wall Slipgate - Laugh

In all honesty, i still think that is the best place for the pent...

so still no possibility of mapping the beginning of the next map into it? Slipgate - Smile
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #29 on: 2003-02-14, 03:20 »

That was the point, because you have to walk around to get it, so it just takes time from when it spawns, honestly none of the powerups are difficult to get just time consuming, that was the point

As for the next level, no that would kill continuity, i tried it, it was bad

I'm gonna prepare my final in a bit
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: