2024-03-29, 00:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientology  (Read 11403 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2004-03-31, 07:49 »

Au Contraire, oob.  Everyone knows I use the roof hatch. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #21 on: 2004-03-31, 08:02 »

I think I have actually learned something at school I haerd someone, I think she was an expert in the area of cults, say that if the scientologies bother you you should just threaten to tell them what "thetan 3" is about, something to do with that if you hear about "thetan 3" before you are ready you'll get really sick and die...   Slipgate - Distraught
also once you reach thetan 8 which is the highest, you are perfect and cannot get sick or anything, so if you do get sick you must be punished because that means you must have done something wrong.
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #22 on: 2004-03-31, 23:21 »

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2061
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #23 on: 2004-04-01, 01:50 »

Hmm... Norton Anti-Cult, there's an idea.

Although, in theory that would make civilisation itself a form of Windows. Not a good thing.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #24 on: 2004-04-01, 08:38 »

in theory that would make civilisation itself a form of Windows
Wait you mean it isn't?
Same Icons, you click someone they turn on,
only real problem is removing the trash once you've deleted someone
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2004-04-02, 01:08 »

Of course, this means mankind will eventually suffer a Blue Screen of Death following several crashes, requiring a reformat.  Since it's human civilization, and not life in general we're talking about, I'm onboard!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #26 on: 2004-04-02, 16:49 »

Quote from: OoBeY
Gather 'round, and sit down, my children. Old Uncle Oob is about to tell you all a story. Is everyone comfortable? Then we'll begin!

Our story starts off millions and millions of years ago, (75, to be precise) in a galaxy not too far from here. Right here, in fact. Earth, you see, was part of a great Galactic Empire, spanning 76 worlds total. Course, back then Earth was known as Teegeeack, but it was the same blue green orb we know and love today. This great Galactic Empire was, fittingly enough, ruled over by the alien Galactic Ruler named Xenu.

Xenu, it turns out, had a bit of a problem on his hands at about the time this story begins. Each of his 76 planets was overpopulated by an average of 178 billion people. Clearly, something had to be done before the overpopulation destroyed the entire Empire. With the help of his renegades, the evil Xenu seized total control of the government, and threw out the good people and the Loyal Officers.

Then, with the help of psychiatrists, he called these trillions of people in for tax collections. However, instead of actually being taxed, these people were instead injected with a mixture of alcohol and glycol, and frozen. The great masses of frozen people were loaded on to space ships which looked identical to DC-8s, but had rocket engines instead of propellers. The frozen bodies were flown to Teegeeack, and deposited in the volcanoes of the world. Hydrogen bombs were detonated, and while the sprits of these "Thetans" were flying around on the nuclear winds, great electronic beams were set up to capture all of them.

The souls were then packaged into boxes, and forced into great big 3D cinemas, where they were shown a variety of tales including that of God, Christ, and the Devil. These movies told them what life should be like, and was referred to as "implanting." When the films ended, these souls left the cinemas and those with similar beliefs begain to clump up in groups of a couple of thousand. Now, because there were only a few living bodies left, they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today, while everyone on Earth is host to thousands of these "Body Thetans." These Thetans are the source of all of our troubles, and it is the goal of Scientology to free people from their grasp.

The End.
Ah, you've read the book.  I TRIED to do a book report on this when I was in Jr High School.  One of the few books I just couldn't get all the way through.
You don't really hear too much about them any more.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #27 on: 2004-04-02, 17:27 »

Thats what they WANT!!! to be Forgotten...

Dont let it happen!!! Lets Picket the local Scientology Clinics!!! buahahqhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneone
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #28 on: 2004-04-03, 09:09 »

Well,I'm doomed.Just reading that long article drove me insane,then made me angry they want my money for such nosense.All of that doesn't make any sense.H-bombs millions of years ago!?Ehh?That sounds just like a science fiction novel.And how could anybody sane actually believe that.Sorry Con,I can't really give a rational explaination on something unrational to start other than they just...well I don't know.It doesn't make sense.

BlasterDRP

« Reply #29 on: 2004-04-09, 16:54 »

Quote from: dev/null
It's a cult, like any other religion.
I'm a deist. I don't follow anyone else's views on religion and I'm quite tolerant to others' views. Does that make me part of a cult?

To answer your question, scientology was a brainwasing tool used in a town in Florida by a man who wanted his own slaves and money. It worked. In the end, though, the brainwashing got back to him.

The thing is that it's not like other religions. Surely most atheists think all religions are 'brainwashing tools' (used as a method to make religion look bad), but the fact of the matter is scientology really is a brainwashing tool.

For more information: http://www.xenu.net/
« Last Edit: 2004-04-09, 16:56 by BlasterDRP » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: