2024-03-29, 00:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Redemption (Does it exist?)  (Read 9872 times)
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #20 on: 2004-04-03, 08:24 »

First off forgiveness for murder in my eyes is is unthinkable.Let the person rot in jail or kill him.I'm not really for the death penalty either,but if they've killed ALOT of people,screw it,kill em.Cause they aint gonna change.

As for forgiveness from God:I'm not very sure how God could forgive someome for murder anyway.It's in violation of one of the 10 commandments,which is a sin,and according to the Bible you go staight to hell for it.Don't get me wrong though.I don't go to church often myself and don't no as much of the Bible as others,but thats how I understand it.Break Gods rules you go to Hell.Please correct me if I'm wrong though

I do agree that inmates are pampered.Crime should be punished alot more severe.The gladiator idea sounds good.Smash TV anybody?Or maybe real-life Gen Arena matches?Televised of course.They could get rid of the felons plus pay per view,betting,and addmition costs for extra witnesses.(victims relatives can witness for free ofcourse).That might solve the problem of cost for the prisons and help with over crowding.Oops a little off topic.

Devlar

Makron

« Reply #21 on: 2004-04-03, 08:47 »

Well, everything has something to offer, now doesn't it? Just be careful before sipping the wine. You never know if it's poisoned.
Chances are if someone is offering anything, it's poison
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2004-04-03, 10:54 »

Quote from: death_stalker
Please correct me if I'm wrong though
Yes, you are wrong.  This is not what the bible teaches at all.
« Last Edit: 2004-04-03, 10:54 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #23 on: 2004-04-04, 05:39 »

Like I said I don't know much.Really the only parts I understand well are what you(Pho)have explained.Comprehesion was never one of my best studies.Plus spelling.Anyways thanks for the correction.But my belief stated above about the death penalty still stands.

BlasterDRP

« Reply #24 on: 2004-04-09, 16:46 »

Quote from: Tekhead
redeeming your soul in the eyes of God and in the eyes of other men are two VERY different things. Death is not the worst thing that can happen to someone - if heaven exists, execution would just be a shortcut to freedom for the person in question.

My solution, if I had to choose one, would for him to pay back the people who he stole life from, in one manner or another. How the criminal would do so, I don't know.
Let them beat the sh*t out of him with golf clubs?

You're right, though. To most Christians, God is easy to be forgiven by, but we mortals find it hard as hell. I hope he doesn't think that the family's gonna forgive him for his f*ck-up.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: