2024-03-28, 21:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 years since death of Cobain (suicide or...?)  (Read 5187 times)
Genialus

Shambler

« on: 2004-04-19, 13:07 »

One of my favourite bands lost their lead singer and guitarists just about 10  years ago, and though the authorities say it was suicide the question still remains if that's really the truth, since the case was closed it has been discovered that he had something like 3 times an OD of heroin in his blood when he died. 3 times OD would either kill you or leave you in a state where you wouldn't exactly be able to fire a gun.

what do you guys think?
If you care...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-19, 14:09 »

very suspicious....

Radio station in oklahoma did a special, and played their music all day, was the 10th of april he died yes?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-20, 00:16 »

What does it matter? Suicide by OD or suicide by a shotwound.. same difference in my book.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-20, 03:34 »

Tab, the questions is this:

He had his brains blown out with a shotgun.  He had a 3X OD level in the blood.  How could he pull the trigger?  How could the wound be self-inflicted?

I think that's is what Genialus and Lilazzkicker are saying is suspicious here.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-20, 05:19 »

Courtney Love had him killed because he was about to leave her ass broke on the streets :p

Since he "suicided" she inherited all his money and Nirvana rights/royalties.

She also supposedly had a member of her band (hole) killed in a similar manner.
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-20, 07:25 »

Quote from: Punisher
Courtney Love had him killed because he was about to leave her ass broke on the streets :p

Since he "suicided" she inherited all his money and Nirvana rights/royalties.

She also supposedly had a member of her band (hole) killed in a similar manner.
actually that is not all that unlikely...
listen to the song "you  know you're right" it contains the line "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear, no thought was put into this I'd always known it would come to this"
being cobain the last sentence sounds somewhat desperate, but maybe he's just talking about divorse instead of suicide...
And some people seem to think that the letter he left was not a suicide note but a letter about him wanting to give up musik. I don't know much about that.

What about you Pho? I think i saw someone write that you know all conspiracy theories on the web and which ones are true...
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-20, 20:10 »

The letter was suppost to be a farewell to the fans of Nirvana and basically explain why he was leaving/breaking up Nirvana.

He wanted to start over with a new band with new people and get back to what he really wanted in the first place.

Only the last few lines are really considered suicidal and supposedly it's not even his handwriting.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-20, 21:14 »

Actually I do not know all conspiracy theories, and concerning the band Nirvana, well, I wasn't too heartbroken when I heard what happened because I don't like the band and I never followed their music.  I chalked it up to another artist doing too many pills/alcohol/etc, going off the deep end and bailing on life due to a bad acid trip or something along those lines when I heard about the incident.  I suppose nobody will ever know for certain.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-21, 07:35 »

don't think the record companies want us to know for certain, the mystery would disapear...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: