2024-03-28, 18:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth Powerup Ideas Thread  (Read 65703 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #140 on: 2004-07-07, 13:56 »

I like the cacodemon idea best for flight Slipgate - Wink

But the archvile just doesn't seem right for haste.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #141 on: 2004-07-07, 14:23 »

Tabun: My english isn't perfect, you know. Thanks for saying the meaning of haste.

I think that Pho's idea is very nice. The archville is perfect for the job because he's quick and deadly.

Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #142 on: 2004-07-07, 14:29 »

For haste, how about a sphere containing particles bouncing all around inside of it with something that resembles an atom inside, like it's designed to speed up the anatomy of the player on a molecular level?

=]
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #143 on: 2004-07-07, 14:42 »

Slipgate - Shifty  Slipgate - Shifty

Perplexing

That's another great idea!

DD_133

Imp

« Reply #144 on: 2004-07-07, 18:57 »

For haste perhaps a pair of boots running? Slipgate - Smile

Love all the other ideas for the doom powerups though. Except the cacodemon I think should be replaced by the lost soul, but the Cacodemon is cool. Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2004-07-07, 18:58 by DD_133 » Logged
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #145 on: 2004-07-07, 19:31 »

Quote from: DD_133
Except the cacodemon I think should be replaced by the lost soul, but the Cacodemon is cool. Slipgate - Laugh
I think the first thing that came to mind was to put a Lost Soul in the flight orb, but there's a small problem there... and that's the Lost Soul of Vengeance. Slipgate - Smile

Since the flaming skull already makes an appearance in Gen, it's not an option here.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #146 on: 2004-07-07, 19:31 »

...the Invuln already uses a skull-shaped head inside so the lost soul idea is out.

No  more skulls
« Last Edit: 2004-07-07, 19:32 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #147 on: 2004-07-07, 21:10 »

Ok guys. For the Flight I developed a series of ideas that may work or can be used later on; for an instance, while I was readin' all the ideas it came to my head the image of a bony torso with bony wings that  I used to create Flight 1, then another image that occured to me was Flight 2, were I know already that a monk, an evil monk, does not  necessarily fits in the Doom Universe, but anyway I give it a shot; think of him as the "messeger of darkness", or the "one who lives on the darkness" some Lovecraft shit like dat, and the third version, Flight3, a demon skull, here featured hornless, with wingy things aside, and the lower jaw broken, and lastly, the haste as a bundle of energy, somesort like the one the shaft casts, contained in an orb, and thats all for today.... or maybe not, till I came with somethin' new!!!
JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #148 on: 2004-07-07, 22:31 »

Okay, since I'm still with alot of ideas, I have come up with this ones: For Regen, I was thinking that it should come from a spell, one that could be inside and orb, or visible as a rune, or artifact, thinking outside regular Doom, so, in Regen1, if everyone remembers "Indy and the temple of DOOM", the scene with the bad dude forcing Indy to drink the evil bevereage, is something like it, an "unholy grail" with a substance that gives ya the xtra health with or without an orb, and speaking about casting, in Regen 3, maybe a hell lord casting the "essence of the Doomguy" with extra health, also with orb, or not, Regen5 is too elaborate, the UAC logo, and a graphic "something" that points out the health boost, Regen 4, come to think of it as a "soul inside a skull" maybe with horns, resembling the status
screen of Doom with the melting skulls, and the Regen/Megasphere, the helmet of Doom, in flames or perhaps surrounded bay some spell, substance, you name it....
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #149 on: 2004-07-07, 23:03 »

Well, the Archvile doesn't have to make sense since they used a Mancubus face for the Megasphere in Doom.

I guess the cacodemon gets the nod.  It's certainly Doomish, stays with the Doom theme of monsters in the globes, and if Tab can whip it up within our timetable that's good enough for me.

This puts us to:

Beating heart for Regeneration.

Archvile face for Haste, with a lightning effect on the shell.  I'm sure Tab can whip up a fun animation on the face as well.

Cacodemon face for Flight, trying to bite you through the sphere.

The spheres themselves will not do anything like wobble, vibrate, or bounce up and down.  That just looks plain silly when put next to the other Doom items and contradicts the effects we already have in mind.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #150 on: 2004-07-07, 23:16 »

JLmode: nice sketches there, fella. Gloomy stuff.

I'm with Pho on the no-animations-on-the-orbs-themselves bit, that'd just look wrong.

As for the flight: I'm still kind of thinking about a pain elemental too, sort of turning in on itself (mouth opens wider and wider, and a new elemental pops out.. doesn't have anything to do with the concept of flying, but it'd look pretty neat, I think.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #151 on: 2004-07-07, 23:51 »

If you can pull that animation off, it has my nod.  Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #152 on: 2004-07-08, 01:12 »

That just sounds... beatiful. An infinite string of regurgitated pain elementals ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: