2024-04-19, 19:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: European Server Up! (Well, a temporary one, anyway)  (Read 3168 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2004-05-24, 12:45 »

Yes, you read it right, my fellow Generations Euro Gamer: there is an official team-supported Euro server for our weekly games again.

GenArena FFA Euro - Alucard

A few things are still in the works, including the Mapcycle randomizer, which will guarantee a different maplist every day. No more of the same maps every week, people!
And perhaps a handful of default settings will have to be edited. Don't hesitate to inform us of any problems or discrepancies.

Spawn protection is now. Must have been my personal preference that messed up the server config ;]

Please all give a big hand to Alucard, for getting us going again! Sniff.. no place like home.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-24, 12:46 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-24, 13:57 »

Tell me how you get that map randomizer set up and I'll see about getting it on WHS Central.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-24, 14:23 »

The mapcycle randomizer is no more than a (in this case) PHP script that is executed before the server restarts. The script I coded can be downloaded here. All it really does is take a maplist.txt, and convert it to a mappack3.cfg style config.

http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/tmp/maprot.zip

Just a temporary thing till Pho codes in both the per-map settings & a random-map option.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: