2024-04-27, 19:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Really Old Stuff (Games With Cobwebs)  (Read 3742 times)
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« on: 2004-06-01, 07:07 »

Does anybody on this site (or any other) still have a copy of the Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition? If so, I have access to a map I made some years back that might breath new life into that old game, even if just for a minute. It's a HUGE map with so many enemies that the counter can't even register them all when you win. It's not just a simple box either because I tried to build it to be a real challenge for 4 people on cooperative play mode. Imagine Will Rock set to Will Die, but in Duke's L.A. with several explorable tall buildings. If ye want I can have the map soon, maybe tomorrow. It's on a floppy at my cousin's house. This behemoth I'm referring to takes up most of the build engine editing space. It's THAT BIG. It also has features like boobytraps and ambushes. Some traps are activated with buttons and can be used in Dukematch. I just got the maps back today :June 14.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-16, 07:32 by Vadertime » Logged
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #1 on: 2004-06-22, 03:30 »

It appears nobody likes Duke Nukem anymore. I made some maps for Red Alert 2 also. I even made a Rules.Ini file that puts extra tanks, planes, ships, and soldiers in the game. It's just an altered ini file and could use some new artwork and animations very badly(especially since the new stuff looks like clones of the old stuff) but it does make some interesting changes to the game. The Soviet side even gets a modified cruise ship with tank cannons on board. The Allies get a fast moving blimp that shoots lightning named Goodyear. One new footsoldier shoots deadly laserbeams.
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: 2004-06-23, 20:11 »

Hey I'm willing to see a map that squeezes the limits of the build engine. Does it work in Jonof's duke port?
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-06-24, 06:02 »

I still love duke and ill love duke forever. Hail to the king baby!.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #4 on: 2004-06-24, 07:35 »

Does that mean you've downloaded and played UPTOWN? I loaded it to the destroy all humans post, but I guess I'd better put it here where it really belongs. You might also get it from Leemon. It may take awhile before I get it put up here though. OK here they are. I don't know what ports they work on because I made the maps with default build for the plutonium pack. I assume if you have the atomic edition they should work with anything. Many of the maps are unfinished.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-24, 07:43 by Vadertime » Logged
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-24, 07:48 »

Here they are. I thought one of you said you love Duke? Isn't there somebody curious enough to download these maps? What about Red Alert 2? I emailed leemon and sent him the redalert stuff. It was way too big to put here so you'll have to get it from him.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-09, 00:56 by Vadertime » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: