2024-03-29, 02:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth-centric level (A map I've started working on.)  (Read 23265 times)
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #40 on: 2004-07-24, 01:33 »

(Moved information to first post on thread.)
« Last Edit: 2004-07-24, 03:56 by WolfWings » Logged
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #41 on: 2004-07-24, 02:29 »

Update the link when you make a significantly new build.

Also, I'd suggest editing your first post and put the link at the bottom of it so that we don't have to search every post on this thread for the latest version.
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #42 on: 2004-07-24, 03:56 »

Moved the link to my first post, re-wrote with current status, removing most of my previous posts down to empty text. Will update that post when I make progress with the current status, and replace the file at the download link. Download link itself will not change, to help prevent multiple older versions floating around anywhere. :-)

Would appreciate it if Kruzader would remove those screenshots on the first page of replies though, as they're big enough they make me scroll my window sideways, and they're no longer needed since I fixed that problem ages ago. Slipgate - Smile Would also appreciate it if a Mod could delete all the posts I've made in this thread except the very first one, and this one. Thumbs up!
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #43 on: 2004-07-24, 04:08 »

I'll remove that giant picture, but not the posts. Reading up on the progress is fun. Slipgate - Wink
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #44 on: 2004-07-24, 04:10 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
I'll remove that giant picture, but not the posts. Reading up on the progress is fun. Slipgate - Wink
*laughs* I already edited all the older posts down, so unless you can resurrect the previous versions (which I don't mind a bit if you can and feel like doing so) there's nothing to read from me except the first post in the thread.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #45 on: 2004-07-24, 10:41 »

Uh...There's a little problem with the courtyard floor texture:

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #46 on: 2004-07-24, 13:31 »

now thats the third bug you got considering textures , any extra non gen mappaks , models we should know  of ?
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #47 on: 2004-07-24, 14:32 »

This one's easy, actually, and not even worth a full 'update' edit to the first post, as it was a missed file on my upload scripts, nothing more.

Forgot to include two .tga files (rock1_1.tga and snow1_1.tga) in the most recent upload of the .pk3->.zip file, when I converted the terrain to a newer format that will allow me to add less 'static' blending on the ground once I sit down and do that part in detail.

Fixed. Re-download. :-)
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #48 on: 2004-07-24, 14:46 »

Quote from: games keeper
now thats the third bug you got considering textures , any extra non gen mappaks , models we should know  of ?
And actually, just to be pedantic... this is the first actual 'bug' involving textures directly. The previous two 'complaints' were:

Lack of lighting on the main gatehouse, due to the angle of the sun.

Lack of dynamic lighting/impact marks on one shader.

Neither of these were properly 'texturing errors' though the last one came close, being an error caused by my map-compiler settings which I had to correct. The former was simply a matter of no lights had been added to cover the front area of the courtyard yet.

But to answer your question... I don't even have the BaseQ3 or stock Generations textures available to me unless I manually add them in as I need them. I'm building this map in a 'naked' directory, that I can flag individual files to be packaged and uploaded with a script to my web-server, where they're automatically packaged and zipped up into the .pk3->.zip combo. It's all very automated, I just have to make sure to flag new textures as I add them to the .shader files, something I over-looked with the terrain/ground textures I'm using. :-)

Right now though... I'm using a couple of Golgotha textures, the skybox is from SoCk's planetquake.com/simland, with the remainder being from HFX's E7 texture set off of evillair.net, all of them with custom shaders, including one small pack built using Particle Studio.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #49 on: 2004-07-24, 17:14 »

I wasnt refering to you , was more refering to krusader , since he also pointed some bugs in the bug report thread where he has trouble with some textures
« Last Edit: 2004-07-26, 11:34 by games keeper » Logged
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #50 on: 2004-07-26, 09:38 »

Uploaded a new version. Check the first post for details.
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #51 on: 2004-07-27, 12:32 »

Any opinions on which style of out-building is better? Not even looking for technical reasons, just visual appeal on if I should keep them as they are, make them both 'intact', or demolish them both to rubble? Set em' on fire, let em' burn to the ground? Anything? All of the above?!?

Just lookin' for input before I continue on here. =^.^=
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #52 on: 2004-07-27, 15:45 »

The burnt-out idea sounds good.

Just one issue I don't know if anyone else was having, but there appear to be some seam issues, particularly around the towers, where I could see white sparklies as I was moving around.

BTW that skybox kicks arse!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #53 on: 2004-07-27, 17:04 »

Yeah, sparklies are a known issue currently. Faster to leave t-junction off when I'm making lots of compiles all over the place. :-)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #54 on: 2004-07-28, 19:53 »

Maybye putting a 2nd floor in the barn. BTW I think that the building should be in wood.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: