2024-04-28, 00:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Drunken Filipino Kills Wife  (Read 10303 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-07-19, 16:25 »

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story...0&w=RTR&coview=

MANILA, July 19 (Reuters) - A drunken Filipino farmer nailed his wife's mouth shut and beat her to death in front of their children, then prepared breakfast for her the next day without realising he had killed her, police said on Monday.

Alcohol is bad, mmkay? He must've been pretty hammered to do that. =(
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-19, 16:52 »

Must've been lots of love in that house to begin with...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-19, 17:11 »

It wasnt the booze. ive been drunk plenty of times without doing that.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-19, 17:15 »

Alcohol my ass - he must have been a downright moron, asshole and psycho to have cooked that one up, no matter how much he drank.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-19, 18:20 »

best 1 I have ever heard was a guy who married a girl , took a knife ,  cut of his penis , said to his wife "now you will always know I never go with sombody else " and runs away .

filipinos are weird man .
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-19, 18:42 »

"Stereotype" Games Keeper: Do you know what that word means? If not look it up, and you will understand why I am telling you to go screw yourself.

Con: Come on! Whatever, blaming it on alcohol is like blaming the wound of a gunshot victim on the gun.

Beer? I'm down.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-19, 19:40 »

Kind of a lopsided comparison, since most guns weren't exactly designed and developed to empty clips on old cars :p

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-19, 23:14 »

daman , im not even gonna react on you .

and it couldnt have been the alcohol alone , it could have helped a little like 1% or something but still , you have to be pretty drunk till you reach the point where you dont know what you do or did .
you can so drunk that you cant walk anymore ( or atleast not like you use to walk ) , you can get drunk that you throw up all over the place , you can get drunk so that you  get a agressive (kind of  people that shouldnt drink ) , but you can not drink and forgot what you did when you where drunk .
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-20, 00:46 »

Quote from: games keeper
but you can not drink and forgot what you did when you where drunk .
You haven't been drunk enough then. :p
Seriously though, drink might have let it out, but I'd bet it was there all along.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-07-20, 00:57 »

Quote from: dna
You haven't been drunk enough then. :p
Seriously though, drink might have let it out, but I'd bet it was there all along.
dna's pretty much right, in both cases

Alcohol is one hell of a dis-inhibitor. It's a lot harder not to act on impulses when you're drunk.

I hear so many stories that start off with "So I was drunk and..."

Usually the story ends up with "So that's how I ended up letting the entire football team gangbang me in my mother's bed while my 6 year old brother watched.", or something just as strange.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2004-07-20, 01:11 »

Nah. Being really drunk makes it harder to resist tempations and urges. Stabbing someone with a screwdriver, for example, is not one of urges I file under 'Normal Human Impulse'. Nor rape, nor jumping off buildings etc. Plus, anyone who gets extremely drunk for whatever reason (aside from spiked drinks) is a walking tribute to weakness in my eyes, anyway.

Which is not to say I've never been _REALLY_ drunk, myself. Gotta have been there to know what one is talking about - very true, this is. I can't recall stabbing people, but there were plenty of awful folks and potential weapons etc around. Including nails, and a hammer. I think everybody survived the night pretty much without getting nails anywhere in their bodies.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2004-07-20, 02:16 »

Quote from: Tabun
Being really drunk makes it harder to resist tempations and urges.

That's why I discourage drunkenness.  Temptation is the devil's game.

Stabbing someone with a screwdriver, for example, is not one of urges I file under 'Normal Human Impulse'.

I would.  Agression is a normal instinct to any creature that feels threatened or stressed, and humans tend to be the most stressed-out creatures on this planet.

Plus, anyone who gets extremely drunk for whatever reason (aside from spiked drinks) is a walking tribute to weakness in my eyes, anyway.

That is another reason why I discourage drunkenness.  A person who is drunk is easy prey for unscrupulous companions.  As for Mr. Nailman, I would agree that he already had some serious problems and the alcohol just opened the door and let the devil in.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #12 on: 2004-07-20, 08:31 »

Quote from: Tabun
Kind of a lopsided comparison, since most guns weren't exactly designed and developed to empty clips on old cars :p
I think it is a perfect comparison actually.  The gun does not kill, the person using the gun does.  Same with alcohol. The man drank, he made a choice. It is a risky business being drunk.

GK: I don't think you got the point. You made a very inappropriate stereotype that Filipinos are weird. This is absolutely not true. Had you "reacted" to me, you have looked like a bigger fool, so good thing you didn't. Slipgate - Off Topic     Slipgate - Off Topic

Beer? I'm down.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2004-07-20, 16:30 »

Booze alone is not enough to produce that kind of behavior by itself. I have been VERY drunk a few times and i never even thought of nailing someones mouth shut and stabbing them. The man in question proubly had a history of wife beating and violence in general.

McDeth: im sure the  filipino anti defamation league is very greatful that you spoke out on thier behalf but i dont see the need for a  call to the ACLU because Gameskeeper said "filipinos are wierd" . When he goes on a long rant about how pacific islanders are threatening white purity and the over all well being of western civilization then it will be time for concern. Jesus soon we wont even be able to make irish jokes.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #14 on: 2004-07-20, 17:04 »

Quote from: Woodsman
Booze alone is not enough to produce that kind of behavior by itself. I have been VERY drunk a few times and i never even thought of nailing someones mouth shut and stabbing them.
I'm usually pretty sober when I think those kinds of thoughts.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #15 on: 2004-07-20, 21:33 »

Quote from: Woodsman

McDeth: im sure the  filipino anti defamation league is very greatful that you spoke out on thier behalf but i dont see the need for a  call to the ACLU because Gameskeeper said "filipinos are wierd" . When he goes on a long rant about how pacific islanders are threatening white purity and the over all well being of western civilization then it will be time for concern. Jesus soon we wont even be able to make irish jokes.
Come come. That comment was just ridiculously ignorant and I felt it had to be addressed. The difference between that and a joke was it was not meant to be funny, or if it was, it simply wasn't. *Shrugs* but I suppose that I better stop arguing before I get kicked because I suppose the concensus around here is to be a Jesus loving racists.

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-07-20, 21:48 »

Making an off-color remark does not automatically make someone a racist.  Besides, every human has racist tendencies to some degree.  True equality is an unattainable myth because there will always be cultural differences between different races based on geography, ethnic history, and lineage.  All that matters is how you treat the person at the end of the day.  If you can get along with someone despite their differences you are not a racist.  Really, this is all much ado about nothing.  People are too easily offended these days, and really should grow some thicker skin.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #17 on: 2004-07-20, 22:16 »

Well, I for one am fervently hoping that GK can find the courage and conviction to cast off the demons of ignorence and have his eyes opened to the true state of the world.
We all need to take a stand!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2004-07-20, 22:27 »

completely agree with pho .

I have no problem with any kind of religion or people , ass long as they dont live of my back .
note that in the koran stants that you can steal from any none moslim .
making him live of my back .

for the rest saying some people is weird is not racism .

I haven't said that you should kill all the fillipinos or whatever kind of people because are bringing humanity to a discrase or whatever , its just that they do weird things .

and DNA , I'm not gonna get into that 1 either .
I like to live in my fantasy so that I don't have to watch how people or bringing themself to the apokalps
« Last Edit: 2004-07-20, 22:32 by games keeper » Logged
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #19 on: 2004-07-21, 07:27 »

A comment like that is ignorant and that what irritated me the most. A comment such as that one has no place in a discussion like this, but forgive me for being so "thin skinned".

Beer? I'm down.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: