2024-03-28, 14:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funky Forums  (Read 7302 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-07-21, 14:03 »

The forums are experiencing some problems right now

Often, the first time you do anything (hit a page, reply to a topic, etc), page never loads fully, stopping on a white 'done' page. This causes most people to re-submit their posts, causing tons of double and even triple posts.

I'm working on fixing this, so don't worry. We don't chastise people for errors caused by the database, so all the doube-posts and such aren't an issue right now.

I'll give you another update tonight when I get off work.

Update #3: So it seems I lied about the whole 'dont re-submit after a blank screen' thing.  Please do re-submit new posts and replies please. We'll just delete any stray double-posts. Slipgate - Wink

Update #4: Optimizing and repairing the SQL tables didn't fix the problem, although it seems to have reduced the frequency of the issue.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-22, 04:37 by ConfusedUs » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-21, 14:14 »

thx con , was gonna send ya an email about that .
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-21, 14:17 »

Quote from: games keeper
thx con , was gonna send ya an email about that .
I've already gotten three PMs, an email, and there's a post on the internal board (which sent me an email).

I'm not sure what's causing the errors. I ran a mySQL repair and optimize query, with no effect.

The problem may be with the server itself somewhere, in which case it'll have to wait for Ward to get back from California.

I'll work on it some more tonight.
The Guestinator

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-21, 19:08 »

Tab here, from a non-logged-in-location:

I've already noticed that Ward's server never shows the PHP errors a page might generate, but instead shows the same kind of blank page, accompanied by 'done'. It may be that  for some reason, a seemably inconsistent error is generated upon page load? Perhaps by a randomized feature?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-22, 04:44 »

Quote from: The Guestinator
Tab here, from a non-logged-in-location:

I've already noticed that Ward's server never shows the PHP errors a page might generate, but instead shows the same kind of blank page, accompanied by 'done'. It may be that  for some reason, a seemably inconsistent error is generated upon page load? Perhaps by a randomized feature?
The only randomized features are the POTD and the poll, neither of which are integrated with the forums database. The Gallery doesn't even use a database at all.

Regardless of that, it's only the forums that seem to be having the trouble. I've not yet run into any of the webpages doing this...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: