2024-03-28, 15:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No More IRS?  (Read 3198 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-08-02, 08:36 »

http://www.drudgereport.com/rnc.htm

The Speaker of the House will push for replacing the nation's current tax system with a national sales tax or a value added tax, Hill sources tell DRUDGE.

"People ask me if I?m really calling for the elimination of the IRS, and I say I think that?s a great thing to do for future generations of Americans," Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert explains in his new book, to be released on Wednesday.

Well that's one way to try to win the popular vote, or at least, sell some books. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-02, 17:08 »

so what is that sposed to mean, instead of paying taxes yearly, we just pay it whenever we pay for say, toilet paper?  ..... wouldnt that mean we'd be paying even MORE taxes than before?
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-05, 07:09 »

ie: instead of property taxes and income tax, you'll get owned by service taxes. Utilities and the like. So LIVING here would be cheap, and actually doing anything beyond that will be expensive.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-05, 15:34 »

so in other words you get a cheap house but you get to starve to death instead... hey well at least itd help the obesity problem..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: