2024-04-27, 22:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Environmental Laws  (Read 3630 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-08-10, 09:25 »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/08/09...reut/index.html

We're talking about CARBON DIOXIDE here.  You and I exhale this EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES.  This is nothing but political BS, it will NOT help the environment one damned bit.  For those who believe in global warming due to "greenhouse gasses", um, the sun heats the earth.  The sun is more active now than it has been in the last 1,000 years.  This has a hell of a lot more to do with the Earth's temperatures than car exhaust does.

There's a real simple answer.  If you want less CO2, PLANT MORE SPORKING TREES AND STOP BULLDOZING RAINFORESTS.  Trees turn CO2 into oxygen.  Less trees = more CO2 in the air!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-10, 12:52 »

actually i think their idea is to make it so damned expensive to own and run a car in california that noone will drive anymore, thus eliminating the frustrating traffic jams that are always happening in LA, etc.. thats my idea anyways.. they prolly just want more $$.they should spend more time trying to find ways to clean the smog out of the air then trying to stop people from making it... but thatll never happen cause the latter makes them more money.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-10, 14:57 »

hedhunta is right , they just want less people on  the roads .
( happened here 2 )
also they have putted taxes on cilinder capacitivity ( or whatev its called )
this way they make shure you will look off the idea of owning an american muscle car with a 5.0 L engine .
its protecting the market .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: