2024-04-29, 06:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help...  (Read 2866 times)
Skullhunter

« on: 2004-08-11, 06:38 »

Lemme preface this by saying I just picked Quake3 back up and reinstalled it on my machine after over a year and a half. Pretty much specifically for Generations. Anyways, I reinstalled it, installed the latest point release that I could find and then downloaded and installed Generations. Problem is, after the extremely spiffy opening animation, all I get is a blinding white screen on which I know are clickable options, I just can't see them. If I actually manage by luck to click in the right spots and start a game, I get loads of missing graphic elements like bullet hits, muzzle flashes, all replaced with that damnable white diamond thingy. It's been so long since the last time I fired this game up, I don't have clue one about what's causing it or how to fix it. Needless to say, this is definitley ruining my enjoyment of what looks like an incredible mod that wowed me when I first saw the bink video for it way back when.

Update: Nevermind, I fixed it, I just created a whole new installation of Q3 without any of the mods that I picked up in it, works fine now and it is SO worth it.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-11, 07:30 by Skullhunter » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-11, 10:09 »

Glad you got it worked out.  Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to help!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: