2024-04-19, 10:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Munsters  (Read 4061 times)
Punisher

Cacodemon

« on: 2004-08-24, 20:04 »

The ghoulish situation comedy of THE MUNSTERS is now the latest television show to get updated as a feature film. Plans are afoot to bring the 1960s CBS series to the silver screen and it will be the Wayans brothers (Keenan Ivory, Shawn and Marlon) that will do it. The trio behind the first two SCARY MOVIE films and WHITE CHICKS will write the screenplay for the MUNSTERS movie and update the setting by placing the action in the modern day.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?a...38&obj_id=42361

ok...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-24, 20:17 »

I loved the Munsters. Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-30, 17:06 »

I also hear Spielburg is going to remake The War of the Worlds.  Is originality dead or what?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-30, 19:37 »

What you're seeing here is the same thing that has been going on in the vidoegame industry for quite some time. Games like Super Mario All-Stars, Megaman Anniversary Collection, and Final Fantasy Chronicles are nothing more than collections and updates of pre-existing games, and they sell like crazy. It looks like the movie industry is catching on to this, now.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-30, 20:14 »

It's nice to a see a good remake/movie adaptation of a (cult) favorite in my opinion. Slipgate - Smile

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-31, 04:30 »

Oh I don't have a problem with going back to old favorites, but they butcher them every single time.  This upcoming "War of the Worlds" movie.  I cringed when I heard that.  It's a classic.  Even though the movie seriously departs from the book, I'm expecting Spielburg to seriously screw the whole thing up.  Look at the Time Machine remakes they've done.  The amount of mediocrity put into retro movies is just astounding.  I don't trust these to be any different than the formula I've seen so far, which is disappointing really.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: