2024-04-19, 23:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble Selecting Class (Earth class is disabled)  (Read 5829 times)
OneRaven

« on: 2004-08-26, 17:54 »

For whatever reason, the earth class has been disabled. I looked throught the menus, but coundn't find the option to enable it. Any advise?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-26, 19:06 »

You were looking through the menu's, but you should've been looking through the manual.

genflags are what class-disabling is all about. If you couldn't select Earth on an official Generations server last night, that's right. That's because it was Slipgate-only custom game night. If it's a local game problem, just set your genflags to '0', and you're ready to roll.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
OneRaven

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-26, 19:25 »

I checked the manual, but not carefully enough, I guess. Thanks. Slipgate - Grin
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-26, 19:38 »

anyway , still we have to give it to him I think Slipgate - RTFM
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-26, 20:44 »

Give him what? BTW that Genflags thing is good but it would be better if there was a menu like in VQ2...

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-26, 21:34 »

the Slipgate - RTFM thingy
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-26, 21:43 »

Games Keeper:  Hush you.  We'll handle this.

OneRaven:  It sounds like you may have an old version of autoexec.cfg in your generations folder.  Please check the readme.txt that came with the mod.  The first few lines should look like this:

Readme.txt

Generations .99e has several changes over the previous .99d version.  We recommend reading the Generations Arena manual prior to getting started.  If you've played Generations .99d please be sure to review the list of changes in the manual (second to last link on the right side in the manual).

As long as that says .99e go ahead and make sure everything is set up the way the file says it should be.  If that file is different then you have an old copy of Generations Arena mixed in and you'll need to remove it and reinstall .99e to avoid problems running the game.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-27, 02:13 »

kruzader: eventually, pretty much everything will be selectable and configurable via menu's. These are betas, so not yet :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: