2024-04-29, 17:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom 3 and Jesus (Is fraging demons unchristly?)  (Read 5075 times)
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2004-09-14, 18:27 »

http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/game...2004/doom3.html

I gotta say this is proubly the dumbest review ive ever read since the sanfrancisco chronicle reviewed cat woman ( they liked it! ). As a christian i see no conflict at all with killing demons and my relationship with god.  See god proubly isnt too keen on demons. Id like to know when exactly jesus said that the mere image of scary looking creatures and occult symbols should upset us to the point of shitting ourselves. My pastor must have skipped that passage while i was going to church.

Oh and doom 3 isnt any bloodier than the passion of the christ.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-14, 18:30 by Woodsman » Logged
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-14, 18:44 »

http://forums.wireheadstudios.org/index.ph...=ST&f=23&t=2067
Slipgate - Wink
Simply using geometric symbols like a star inside a circle or a cross where the horizontal portion is below the vertical line's midsection doesn't strike me as a satanic plot any more than seeing a rainbow suggests a meteorological conspiracy to endorse sodomy.
Slipgate - Tongue

Keep in mind, this is also the same site that said Viewtiful Joe displayed 'nudity' in the form of neon sillouhettes in one of the levels.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-14, 18:47 by Angst » Logged

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-15, 05:01 »

Oh, we've been over this one about 3 or 4 times now.  God's opinion on demons and what should be done with them?  How's this for starters:

1 Peter 5:8 - Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
James 4:7 - Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Mark 1:21-27 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are--the Holy One of God!" "Be quiet!" said Jesus sternly. "Come out of him!" The evil spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.  The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching--and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits and they obey him."
Matthew 25:41 -  Then He will say to those at His left, 'You that are accursed, depart from Me into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels".
Revelation 20:10-14. And the Devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and sulfur, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.

Jesus never once said to be nice to the devil, so I really don't think He minds any of us dishing out a little digital buckshot considering the fate that's been prepared for these accursed fallen angels.  Spiritual whoop-ass is actively encouraged for those who read their bible.  Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-15, 05:59 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Spiritual whoop-ass is actively encouraged for those who read their bible.  Thumbs up!
rofl
LooF

Imp

« Reply #4 on: 2004-10-01, 06:37 »

I think about 5 other people read that review woodsman
« Last Edit: 2004-10-01, 06:37 by LooF » Logged
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-10-01, 17:21 »

Wrong. I've seen several other forums bitch about that review.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #6 on: 2004-10-01, 18:01 »

Well, I've had Doom3 for about a month now and... and...

I AM SATAN!!!

BOW DOWN AND KISS THE RING!!! Slipgate - Smile~

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-10-01, 18:54 »

/me kisses the ring and suck the diamond out of the ring without scalliano knwing it .

I have doom 3 for a month now 2 , and I stil havent passed level 1 since I dont like to play it on a geforce 2
JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #8 on: 2004-10-01, 21:21 »

Its so nice for me to see other of my brothers from such different countries dat play the same games i do, specially Gen and Doom3, and encourage others to keep it up on our believes (I?m also a christian here on the other side of the border) and as pho and the others say, devil is devil, there is nothing good over it, and the thing i like of Doom3 is dat at least you get to kill their minions, knowing dat in real life you can?t kill spirits, good thing dat the id guys made them solid matter, so basicly for me if you balieve in the bible and keep playing Doom 3, its like you came face to face with our nemesis, and the enemy of all the things dat exists, so beware of it, and know dat it betrays and will to all of his servants, so in the game i still haven?t get to fight hell in their grounds, but i?m really looking forth to see what hell got in mind fot dat sob Betruger. Hopefully when they have seek to do what they plan to do, maybe theyll throw him to the darkest pit of hell whith a bunch of demons torturating him, and for the final thought remember dat when Jesus came he spoke continually about hell, since the law has no effect in terms of salvation, only redemption from Him will work, so beware of it, and never seek to be a part of them devils.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: