2024-04-27, 19:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: homemade "bomb" set off (in McDonald's)  (Read 5963 times)
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2004-09-20, 21:35 »

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=2319833
LAKELAND, Fla. Police in Lakeland, Florida, say three men upset over a bad milkshake set off a small bomb inside a McDonald's.
This just isn't right. These guys are in the military too! What is this world coming to?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-21, 00:11 »

Mankind is just getting kind of crazy: people cutting out the tong of their spouse, just because they dislike their blabbering, people setting eachother on fire (repeatedly) over a presumed disloyalty, etc etc. I guess that's just the way we're headed. Appear emotionless and mindless to the world, or get stabbed?

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-21, 16:22 »

Mankind is just getting kind of crazy: people cutting out the tong of their spouse

you read that 2 ?

have you also read the darwon awards 2004 , there funny .

(note for people who dont know the darwin award , the darwin awards is a price for the guy or people who died on the stupidest way  possible .

to give an example .

a guy who wanned to get drunk but didnt have money mixed milk and gasoline together and drunk  it al up .
ofcours he went sick and he barfed it all out in the fire .
he blew the complete house .
aswel he as his sister died .

)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-24, 03:01 »

...and people say morals are outdated.  Let me tell you something, you didn't have this sort of thing back 60 years ago, at least, not to the degree it goes on now.  Why?  More people were afraid of going to hell for killing people, more people were considerate of each other, more people were generally decent to each other because they felt it was the right thing to do.  I could draw a direct parallel between the decline of adherence to Christian principles in the west and the rising rates of crime/general insanity.  Even if one chooses to ignore this trend, one cannot deny that the world is much more selfish and much less generous now.  People are obsessed only with their wants and how to obtain them, and anything that stands in the way of that must be pulled down and destroyed.  That's the modern world.  Welcome to the time before the Flood, all over again.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-24, 04:43 »

i agree the world is much more selfish and greedy, but i dont really think it has anything to do with relgion besides that its been a basis for fighting for centuries for fundamentalists. i have absolutely NOTHING against relgion, it is wonderful and a life saver for people, but for religion to exist and allow fundamentalists to continue to exist is becoming a major hinderance on the world. radical islam and radical christianity have been at each other throats for millennia, it waned for a while for us in the US because we were so far divided from it for a few hundred years. of course, as soon as the world became globalised again one guy had to take advantage of another and the world comes full circle right back to the frickin stone age where we started.

christianity can be great and has ALOT of merits as a moral standard, but the issue with it is that too many people use it as a weapon, eg "nah nah nah, if you do this youre going straight to hell" and i think thats why MANY people are dismissing it these days. it needs to be revised, just as anything else in the world does. the bible and all it stands for is definately a GOOD thing, BUT there are too few people in the world that are willing to adhere to it strictly. i am not the person to say it needs to change, but if there were some modifications to fit the modern world itd go a long way towards fixing many problems.

its a huge discussion, alot of it is just history lessons that will repeat themselves forever and ever. i beleive there WILL eventually be some kind of revolution either within america, or the world. its going to be hard fought and probably incredibly violent but thats how revolutions work unfortunately, and with modern killing technology at its best that doesnt help any.

in short, the WORLD needs to grow the spork up and start taking some responsibility for itself. its noones fault but our own that these problems exist, and its not just one countries, one peoples, one religions, or one races fault. its EVERYONE and until some major world disastor happens that unites us all, i see the world going down the shitter no matter how you look at it. there is ALWAYS going to be fighting going on, there is always going to be poverty, murder, unhappiness, depression and other crappy stuff like that. the reason everyone hates america is because WE ARE HAPPY ANYWAYS. we are happy being ignorant, we all just want to live our lives and have fun, the problem is some peoples idea of fun is a little screwed up.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-09-24, 06:29 »

All i can say is anyone who screws with my McNuggets is gonna die.  Big Gun
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2004-09-24, 13:30 »

I am happy when I have a job to do that means something, not just make work.

if god did not exist, man would create him.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-09-24, 22:11 »

Hed, let me ask you a fairly simple question.  As a child, would you deliberately misbehave in front of your parents, or only when you thought they weren't looking?

Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2004-09-24, 22:54 »

Personally I did both, to see how far the rules bent.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-09-25, 04:25 »

True, and some children are willful like that.  The point is that people misbehave MORE if they think someone is not looking.  If you can do something without getting caught you're more likely to do it.  If you believe that you are held accountable for your actions by a higher power, that there's someone up there always wanting you to do the right thing, and not the wrong, and that eventually you will have to answer to this power then you are more likely to consider consequence before doing something bad.  Hell, as it were, is an effective deterrant and rightly so.  If there's no other way to get someone to not do something wrong, then a little fire and brimstone talk can be justified.  It's no different from telling a potential criminal about what happens to people in prison as a way to encourage them to step away from that path.  While I agree that the positive should be emphasized the most, the negative should not be summarily ignored just because some people "don't want to hear it".

Few criminals commit crimes in front of the police.  Why?  They don't want to have to pay for their actions.  That's what this boils down to is personal responsibility, and consequence of action.  It is not my intention to make this "yet another religious debate", but to emphasise the fact that personal responsibility has been a declining trend over the last few decades, and this decline parallels the moral and religious decline that has been occuring simultaneously alongside it.  The fact that criminals are routinely put on probation and paroled does not help the matter much either.  If punishment is not seen as undesireable it is no longer effective as a deterrant.

Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions of course, but to me the reasoning behind the increase in irrational and inexcusable behavior is fairly simple and equally obvious.

Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #10 on: 2004-09-25, 21:55 »

You know, there are schools of RATIONAL thought that teach against this crap. Compare:

G-d is always watching, and He asks me to forgive and not murder.

Depriving one of life and property is unjustifiable, especially when the justification is petty.

REALLY. A MILKSHAKE. I'd make a Florida joke, but it's never funny to joke about violence IRL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: