2024-04-29, 17:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuclear Iran (Sabre rattling, or serious?)  (Read 3763 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-09-30, 09:26 »

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?F=375...75158&C=mideast
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=11325
During a military parade last week, Iran showed off its range of ballistic missiles draped in banners vowing to "crush America" and "wipe Israel off the map".
http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/ar...icle_3626.shtml
The newspaper has a tape recording of Abbasi when he spoke of Iran's secret plans, which include "a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilization."

To bring this about, Abbasi said, "There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them." This Revolutionary Guard officer continued by saying, "Iran's missiles are now ready to strike at Western targets, and as soon as the instructions arrive from Ali Khamenei, we will launch our missiles at their cities and installations."

The first story was run on the AFP, so it's mirrored on several news sites.  I won't make any comments as I think this speaks for itself.  I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-30, 09:27 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-30, 15:54 »

Im reminded of an occasion in the 1980s when Israel decided a nuclear equiped iraq would not be in its best interests and took steps to prevent it.  We could be seeing a similar action against iran very soon.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-30, 16:25 »

1 , why the spork where you guys in irak when the problem is in Iran .

2 , you really believe sombody will parade rockets over the street wich say , we hate ( fill in country here ) , you have more chance of finding a pink nuke with yellow polkadots all over it .

Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-30, 16:32 »

sounds like a parking lot & walmart superstore will be going up in the middle east in the next 50 years after the fallout subsides in iran...  Slipgate - Laugh
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-30, 21:56 »

Quote from: games keeper
1 , why the spork where you guys in irak when the problem is in Iran .
The fact that the UN can't enforce it's own resolutions does come to mind.  Beyond that, well, ask the US Government.
2 , you really believe sombody will parade rockets over the street wich say , we hate ( fill in country here )
Yes, I do believe these people would do this.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: