2024-03-28, 12:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: D2grosse map (Finished)  (Read 14754 times)
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #20 on: 2004-10-06, 20:18 »

TEK: I guess I should've mentioned, this is just the .bsp and bot file, you NEED the d2grosse map posted earlier that has all the custom textures and models stuff in the pk3. It's like a patch.

The layout is similar to the real D2map32 level, I just shortened it and made it taller., and the item placement resembles the real map too, including the stockpile ammo :-) which I actually cut by at least half, that's where all the ammo was to overstock to kill that big horned beast.

The grappling hook is necessary for pkarena, this map is also painkeeped you just don't see the stuff except the grappling hook, but since we're fine in pk with the last version, and this one is being optimized for gen, I'll take it off..

The columns are set on crush if you get caught on the edges, you can't make it a flat crush cause that would make the items underneath dissappear, I had it set to high damage but the stupid bots kept getting crushed lots and lots of times and it annoyed me, now it just takes some health away.

Tabun: You can downplay what you've done all you want, you still my HERO :-) no way in hell I can get anywhere near that accuracy even if I make the bots in the stupiedest setting.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #21 on: 2004-10-06, 20:36 »

What's really scary is that Tab is just about that accurate with high pings.

And just a note, bots are generally stupid. They're good for showing the rail issues in the demos we posted, but that's about it. People are (hopefully) going to be a little more random than that, but the rail issue is still there. Good to see you took that under advisement.

However, with the crushing column issue -- I agree that those should be set to high damage and just crush anybody caught under them. Bots are not a good measure for those.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #22 on: 2004-10-07, 12:07 »

I'm revising this puppy and cutting down item placement a lot, this generations mods is REALLY REAALY tough to balance :-) but worth it, lots of fun.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2004-10-07, 14:42 »

Even then it's basically just a giant box map. I think it'd be ok if you shrank the central area to about 60% of its current size. As it stands, anyone in that middle room has a LONG, LONG way to go to anywhere else.
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #24 on: 2004-10-08, 01:40 »

I sure will try that, it ain't gonna look much like Grosse when I'm done :=)  I hope I dont get blasted for that hehhh.
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #25 on: 2004-10-09, 04:30 »

I cut down on items by probably over 60%, and shortened the main area a LOT, not 60 %, but close to 40%.  I ran around with a few bots and I think there still is one too many rockets, but otherwise is getting there.

Remember you NEED D2Grosse to play this beta, only the .bsp and .aas are included.

EDIT: Linked to beta3 discontinued, see post below.

Just unzip to baseq3.

Uhmmm, I may be making one final cut to shrink it more, I have an idea (It's not always a good thing when I think)

EDIT:  BUAHAHAHA- I managed to shrink it to about 60% of the first  gengrosse_beta, narrowed it a lot too and I think Con was right, it plays a lot faster and tight, if I can manage to find and remove  all the overlapping brushes and curves, this is gonna be a real athletic map. I'll post  it later on today.
« Last Edit: 2004-10-09, 23:33 by FluSyndrome » Logged
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #26 on: 2004-10-09, 23:32 »

OK, here it goes, the new slim, shorter, weaponless grosse beta.

http://www.flu.stonks.com/gengrosse_beta5.zip
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #27 on: 2004-10-10, 00:57 »

Slipgate - Distraught ...I think you destroyed the character of the map...
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #28 on: 2004-10-10, 01:03 »

:-)  The character of the map seemed to have been destroyed since day 1, just not DM friendly at all. I still have all the other betas, I could un-destroy it, but I don't think is gonna get any better, it's just a big box, it was fun playing DOOM back in the days, just not very Q3 friendly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: