2024-03-29, 01:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More Doom movie news (WHY!?! WHHHYYYY!?!?!)  (Read 16844 times)
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2004-12-04, 20:14 »

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041203i.php
The changes? Well, Doom won't be set on Mars. The monsters have nothing to do with Hell. Space marines are SWAT teams. The monsters will, apparently, be people mututated by a secret virus.
I'm sure it has the DOOM community(As well as myself) shaking their head and asking "WHY!?".
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-04, 20:52 »

I said it was going to be crap. Slipgate - Ninja
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-04, 22:15 »

And to think, I used to have FAITH in the movie!
lord_malchia

« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-04, 23:45 »

Why would anyone ever have faith in any video game based movie? With the exception of the first Mortal Kombat, which really had little story to begin with and was a rip-off of Enter the Dragon, all video game based movies have been awful.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-05, 00:48 »

I'm a bit hesitant to accept this story as factual at this point.  Maybe once it's reported by someone more credible than a .cz domain I'll pay attention to it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-05, 01:34 »

Bio Force Gun
*cough*bullshit*cough* or ignorant, one of the two; maybe both.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #6 on: 2004-12-06, 18:55 »

The chainsaw and Bio Force Gun do appear in the film.
LOL. So that's what BFG stands for. I thought they were just getting confused with Unreal Tournament.

Yeah, I think it's official, this movie just lost any chance it had of being remotely entertaining. Making the monsters not come from hell in a Doom movie is like making a remake of War of the Worlds or Independance Day where the monsters aren't aliens, but mutated gnomes from underground.
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2004-12-06, 20:19 »

Why the hell can't the monsters be from hell?  (and I'm not trying to make any puns here)  I honestly don't understand.  Are we no longer allowed to use demons in movies anymore?  Movies like Exorcist pushed it to the limits?  What about the minor instances of demons?  Like the South Park Movie with SATAN and his DEMON minions?  Or even light hearted comedy like Bedazzled?  Whats wrong with using demonic things?

Hollywood is full of morons.  If they want to make so much money, being the greedy bastards they are, why don't they make things RIGHT?!  If the plot was correct and the movie was decent, I'd see it more than once in theaters and I'd buy the DVD.  They'd get MY money out of it.

Of course I know I'm judging somthing thats not even done yet, but if any of this is true, I don't like where they are going with it.

:rules:  when its not a Resident Evil-esque movie

-JL
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2004-12-07, 00:59 »

I think the Super-Christian audiences out there have something to do with the monster changes.
lord_malchia

« Reply #9 on: 2004-12-07, 01:20 »

The Exorcist pushing limits? Ha! If anything that movie was hilarious. "F*ck me Jesus, f*ck me!!!"  Slipgate - Laugh
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #10 on: 2004-12-07, 01:44 »

MK1 was shit too.

As for the possibility that America's fundaMENTALIST Christian populous are responsible for the changes, well, you only have to look at that Christian review of D3 to see that.

Plus, a faithful Doom movie would be one HELL of a lot scarier than Exorcist 1 or 3.*

*Exorcist 2 doesn't count

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #11 on: 2004-12-07, 02:02 »

Quote from: scalliano
Plus, a faithful Doom movie would be one HELL of a lot scarier than Exorcist 1 or 3.
Hey, all the better reason to make it that way.  Why not make it scary?  It should be anyway.

C'mon Super-Christians, Its just entertainment.  Its not like showing demons coming from the ground or teleporting in from Hell is going to bring Armageddon or make us all worship Satan.  If anything, it would show mankind killing off demons, purging evil and darkness from the world.  Last time I checked, killing demons isn't a Satan Worshiping act.   But thats all been said and done by others when Doom 3 came out.

Oh well.  I'll prolly be renting this one.

-JL
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-12-07, 03:50 »

Killing demons is, ofcourse, a pagan act. It's very simple, satan summons demons for you to stimulate your taste for violence, and so subtly shifting you to 'the dark side', so to speak. It's quite obvious. And since angels exist (this is in fact proven by a tv-evangelist!), demons exist too, right? So these christians are in fact saving the world! How noble and how insightful! Man, I'm totally converted and convinced right now.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2004-12-07, 05:20 »

I'm Christian.  I have no trouble blowing away demons, in fact I would encourage it.  Doom is a very Christian-themed game - fighting Satan on his home turf.  Can't get much better than that!  Any so-called Christian who wants to bury their head in the sand about demonic things needs to go back and re-read their bible, asssuming they've read it at all.  Bunch of pansies.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #14 on: 2004-12-07, 13:58 »

I'm a pagan.

I like to play doom and Q1.

Lets just all be nice to each other.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #15 on: 2004-12-07, 19:46 »

I'm a satanist and I am offended that you would even consider letting the demons come from Hell. HOW DARE YOU!

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-12-07, 21:32 »

[/sarcasm]?   Slipgate - Smirk

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #17 on: 2004-12-08, 11:24 »

What union do these demons belong to? do they get a reasonable pay rate for being shot at?
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #18 on: 2004-12-08, 18:36 »

For every bullet, the get a compensation of $50. For every unit of plasma, $60. Shells get an arbitrary amount of $37 (approx. $1 a pellet). For every knuckle caused injury, $10,  and for every limb lost due to our favorite melee (yes, the chainsaw), $1000.

Beer? I'm down.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #19 on: 2004-12-08, 20:51 »

Dollars    demons live in the USA then? or just go there to spend thier $.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: