2024-04-29, 17:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypocrisy in Action!  (Read 15863 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-01-20, 10:22 »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144921,00.html

*begins blatant shameless gloating*  Slipgate - Smirk

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-20, 17:46 »

Well firearms are okay for some people according to radical leftist standards . Joseph Stalin's goons carried fire arms after all you cant have a good purdge without guns. Mao Tse-tung would tell you that you can have a cultural with rocks and sticks after all. You just cant have the masses with fire arms only enlightened individuals like old mike.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-22, 10:12 »

Anything that comes from Fox-News is sporking weak. If Bush had a clear homosexual affair with Dick Cheney they wouldn't do a story on it. I say bullocks to Fox.

Beer? I'm down.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-22, 17:42 »

Actually if you had ever watched fox you would know that they air storys critical of bush all the time.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-22, 21:43 »

What's wrong with FOX news, besides the fact that they're not left-leaning like CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post, etc?

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-22, 21:57 »

Quote from: Phoenix

*begins blatant shameless gloating*  Slipgate - Smirk
This proves ...?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-22, 23:38 »

What's wrong with FOX news, besides the fact that they're not left-leaning like CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, LA Times, NY Times, Washington Post, etc?
They never cite their sources for starters, and have you ever noticed that actual news and commentary are almost always the same?
« Last Edit: 2005-01-22, 23:39 by McDeth » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-23, 08:29 »

Quote from: McDeth
They never cite their sources for starters
Well gee, most news agencies (including those you prefer) don't reveal their sources because they're protected under the First Amendment, and they're wise to not reveal as it can endanger the lives of those who step forward with information.  Besides, a lot of news comes off the AP wire, and the major news outlets just repackage it.  Some just copy it verbatim.  At least FOX calls their commentary what it is, as opposed to calling their commentary news reporting, like CBS did.  There's only one news agency that's been busted for phony info so far, and it isn't FOX.

Scaliano:  It proves that Michael Moore, like most elitist Leftists, is nothing but a hypocrite.  See it's OK if his bodyguard carries a gun around, even illegally, yet he viciously attacked the "gun culture" in the US with his "Bowling for Columbine" so-called documentary, which was as full of falsehoods and distortions as F-9/11 was.  This is just like Rosie O'Donnel getting caught with an armed bodyguard as well.  They think they're more important than Joe Citizen, so they have a right to protection with the same tools they denounce others possessing.  Joe Citizen is subjected to second-class citizen status because in their minds, Joe Citizen is not worthy of such protections as they enjoy.
« Last Edit: 2005-01-23, 08:30 by Phoenix » Logged

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-24, 09:27 »

So which news agencies do I  "prefer"? I didn't specify. And since when is "Well some people say..." boil down to fact? Next arguement.
« Last Edit: 2005-01-24, 09:27 by McDeth » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #9 on: 2005-01-24, 21:32 »

*begins blatant shameless gloating*  Slipgate - Smirk
I don't know how any event could be more perfect. Cheers!

*begins more blatant shameless gloating*

Pho: I wouldn't care if Rosie O'Donnell's bodyguard got caught. That fatass is so stupid she is actually against teaching algebra in schools because calculators supposedly make it "unnecessary". What a tool.
« Last Edit: 2005-01-24, 21:34 by Woolie Wool » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2005-01-24, 22:33 »

the problem is that thx to those movies he produced half the rightist world and weapon lovers want to kick his ass , and thats why he needs a bodyguard
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2005-01-25, 05:17 »

yeah well maybe if his bodyguard was armed with shiney rocks and sticks he could meet his own ethical standards.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2005-01-25, 06:38 »

The reason weapon-lovers want to kick his ass is he's not telling the truth.

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #13 on: 2005-02-01, 02:34 »

The reason weapon-lovers want to kick his ass is he's not telling the truth.
So what is the truth?

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2005-02-01, 07:15 »

Guns save lives more often than they take them, and those who love firearms tend to be, on the whole, freedom-loving, fiercely independant and all-around good people, not a bunch of trigger-happy nuts who are itching to blow the next person away who forgets to ask them if they want fries with their Happy Meal.  Oh sure there's some of those around, and you do have the criminal element which ignores the law anyway, but the "gun culture" has been completely miscast by its opponents.

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #15 on: 2005-02-01, 17:26 »

Now I'm confused. While I'm not against the second amendment per se, I fail to see how guns "save" lives. If you mean by blowing the other guy's brains out first, then yes, I see your point. It's kind of like flooding the world with nuclear weapons so everyone will be too scared to go to war with each other. One thing you missed out about the Columbine film is that it mentions that Canadians have guns, yet far fewer shootings. Personally I'm not about to dismiss everything the guy says as folly just because of one of his bodyguards being a dumbass.

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people ..."

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #16 on: 2005-02-01, 18:03 »

No but you can dimiss what he has to say since the movie in question if full of distortions and inaccuracys.  

oh and guns dont kill people ...I DO!!! Big Gun
« Last Edit: 2005-02-01, 18:04 by Woodsman » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2005-02-01, 18:22 »

What is not reported is that firearms are used lawfully in the US on an average of 2 million times a year OR MORE as a deterrant, and that's only the reported statistic.  A lot more crimes are prevented that go unreported.  A deterrant situation is one where someone stops a violent act without actually shooting the assailant.  Often times the presenting of a firearm along with a stern verbal warning is enough to make the would-be attacker submit until authorities can arrive and take him or her into custody.  This saves not only the life of the victim, but also that of the criminal.  If faced with a lesser weapon, like a knife, or a club, some crooks are more likely to press the attack, especially if they are larger and physically stronger than their would-be victim.  This means someone is going to get hurt and possibly killed, whether the victim, assailant, or both.  A firearm changes the equation completely.

Let's behonest, guns scare a lot of people or there would be no gun control movement.  They scare people because they are very effective tools for killing things.  A 78 year old woman isn't much of a threat to a 250lb 25 year old male intent on doing her harm.  Put a .38 in her hand and she's every bit as dangerous to him - if not moreso - than he is to her.  While it's true the crook can carry a gun as well, he's already bent on doing a criminal act.  Gun control laws only serve to disarm the law-abiding population.  Criminals don't care about the law, otherwise they wouldn't be criminals. (duh)  Criminals prefer unarmed victims, and violent crime rates have skyrocketed in countries like England and Austrailia that have outright banned firearms ownership.  It has been proven time and time again that where people are banned by law from protecting themselves the criminals will prey upon them with impunity, knowing they risk very little in the process.  Crooks want the easy win.  Anyone who fails to grasp this simple truth needs a reality check.  Guns save lives by providing a credible threat to would-be attackers.  They are the most effective tool for self-defense available, and the most effective psychological deterrent as well.

Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #18 on: 2005-02-01, 19:09 »

England has one of the highest rate of knife crimes in the world.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #19 on: 2005-02-02, 00:26 »

I totally agree with Pho on this one.

I no longer own a gun, just some air weapons for target practice, but would have one if the law allowed.  These days if someone brouke into my home I'd use my WW2 jap army issue katana, and probubly go to prison for it.  But you must stand up for what is right.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: