2024-04-25, 23:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Rifle  (Read 30335 times)
Gnam

Makron

« on: 2003-05-23, 23:39 »

I was just thinking it might be cool to have an option to use the rifle from the original Doom player and zombieman sprites in place of the pistol from 3rd person view. That rifle was cool, and sometimes Doom just lookes plane funny with his big arms and big hands holding that tiny thing.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-05-24, 00:12 »

I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it. Doom held a pistol in first person view - and the only reason he was holding that huge.. generic-gun-thing at all times, was so the playermodel didn't require hundreds of sprites to work :]
Since we don't have that particular problem anymore, it would be pointless to revert to this strategy.

Ofcourse, I'm just saying this because I'm lazy and not looking forward to skinning yet another weapon, considering all the work still cut out for me :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-05-24, 03:38 »

Also there's no reason to code another Doom weapon to support the model.  While the model would be cool, Doom has no rifle.  Doom needs no rifle.  Doom will get no rifle.  The chaingun is good for sniping if that's what you want.  If you want to see the Doom rifle model go get THIS for Quake 2 and toss pak8.pak and pak9.pak into your baseq2 folder.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: