2024-04-23, 14:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: map rotation  (Read 5270 times)
death_stalker

Makron

« on: 2005-02-17, 08:00 »

Is the map rotation random or on a loop? While playing for awhile to night I noticed the maps were repeating themselves.Not after a couple of games but almost every other level.We constantly had to make votes to change the map.Is this a bug you guys are working on or was it caused by all the voting? Slipgate - Distraught That was wierd,never seen it happen before please help.

P.S. Wasn't sure where to put this:Bug reports or here so it landed here. Slipgate - Grin

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-17, 08:24 »

It would help if I knew where you played.  If it was Central, I need to check a value on the server.  If it's a different server I'll need someone with rcon access to the server to tell me what the g_mapsort variable was set to.  I know that g_mapsort 1 (random start position, cycle maps in-order) has a bug.  g_mapsort 0 (run all maps in order) and g_mapsort 2 (random cycle) should not have this problem.  Voting a map shouldn't kill the map rotation, but if it does then I need to crack a few Beta testers on the head for not catching this.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-02-17, 15:35 »

Voting maps doesn't crash the rotation on the Euro server, afaik, but I'll take some time to test it thoroughly.
I did tell you that the name of the map that is voted on is not correct, right? That anomaly appears even outside of using g_mapsort 1.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-02-17, 17:11 »

I'm not sure what you mean.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-02-17, 18:11 »

Never mind.
I thought it gave an incorrect bspname in the message that appears when voting, but that was just in the confusion of seeing the same 'nextmap' appear time after time with the g_mapsort 1 loop. I blame low temperatures and high spirits.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #5 on: 2005-02-17, 18:33 »

It was Central, sorry forgot to add that Slipgate - Grin  When ever we voted a new and finished the map it loaded one of 2 (maybe more) maps we had already played on. Very strange. Never seen it happen before and thought I might see if you guys were aware of it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: