2024-04-20, 00:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Id game models (Models galore)  (Read 12262 times)
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #20 on: 2003-06-13, 21:58 »

I think I see what Mojo was getting at here. Gen would feel more like a id FPS crossover game than just "the Q3 guys using other guns if there were more characters from the old games. I think a more practical way to acheive this would be to have 1 extra "arena gladiator" for each class, based on the monsters rather than the heros. For example, for Doom class, you could have a "Cyberdemon Jr" model that would be about man-sized (maybe a bit bigger, liek Tank Jr) and mounted the Q3 weapons inside his arm cannon. You could also do a Hell Baron and Hell Knight skin if you wanted too. This way you would effectively have a Doom monster, but outfitted for the eternal arenas with a beleivable way of interfacing with the Q3 weapons. One of the problems with doing all of the monsters (besides too many models) is an imp or a bulldog demon looks frikin dumb holding a rocket launcher. You could make up some story about how the Vadrigar brought a cyberdemon from Deimos to the arenas and bio-engineered it to be smaller (to fit in small corridors) smarter (so it could compete with the other gladiators) and changed its arm cannon to accept ammunition from the arenas, and voila you have a single Q3 player model that can represent the body of Doom monsters. There would also not be copyright issues because it would still technically be your own original design.

Anyway, for strogg, there's allready Tank Jr. If you wanted to you could do something of a "super" strogg gaurd, that had the look of a strogg cyborg, but looked lik eit could actually kick some ass (for a long time I actually thought Visor and Gorre were supposed to be strogg). For Wolf class, the current model actually looks more like Hans Gross than JB Blaskowtz or whatever the Wolf guy's name is. Of course, just a guy in a plane grey prisoners uniform would be kinda boring, so watcha gonna do? Actually, the Fritzcreig model from TA would fit Wolf really well. For slipgate, I don't know, you could pretty much just make any old freaky thing, give it a rocket launcher, and call it a monster from Quake. You could do a zombie grunt skin  for the Ranger model (that's actually something I wanted to do when I got around to it). On that matter I plan on doing a Zombieman and Shotgun guy Doom/GruntHeadModel combo skin when I get around to it. I allready have the uniform, I just have to add blood and do the head skin.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #21 on: 2003-06-14, 05:48 »

I've taken screenshots of my crappy milkshake models.
I'm not sure how to upload them here though.
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #22 on: 2003-06-14, 09:30 »

get yourself some free webspace somewhere and upload 'em to it

then just link to them here Slipgate - Grin
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2003-06-14, 14:12 »

to gnam.
 please go check out polycount.com and wait for 99.c to release Slipgate - Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print