2024-04-27, 18:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Promotional Video (Not yet, but it will be done)  (Read 20705 times)
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #40 on: 2005-05-08, 23:02 »

What about 'Eternal Arenas'  that map could look good from a player point of view. anybody who knows the originals could get a kick out of seeing it.

Or maybe we could make a map, using a room or two of some of the best Gen maps, just for the vid? it could then have a few big open areas.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #41 on: 2005-05-09, 10:27 »

Uhm that whould indeed take sometime to create one of those map sure you could do a basic and ugly map quite fast but to have a detailed one requires some work. the idea however sounds nice.
Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #42 on: 2005-05-09, 14:48 »

... was going to suggest Eternal Arenas aswell. It's not open spaced, but good angles *are* possible, you'd just have to edit vid later to get only those. I think its unnecessary to refer the nostalgic/re-enactment reasons behind the choice Slipgate - Wink On the subject, an Eternal Arenas 2 (much more expanded/layout thought out) would rock...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #43 on: 2005-05-09, 15:23 »

Aside from it being a not very good looking map (I don't want to be blunt about it, but it just isn't very good overall), Nahand is right: no open spaced arena.
Again, the 'big game' is not the only thing I want included in a promotional vid, so don't worry yourself about that. This thread, and the map suggestions related to it, are about the 'big game'. A huge free for all fragfest in one (or more) arena type maps. The only purpose will be to show the chaotic madness of Generations. Don't worry about anything else for the vid, this will not be the only part of it. Now, please focus powah! :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #44 on: 2005-05-10, 08:26 »

Personally I believe you should go with the most popular maps.

Quake:
 I never played it online, just countless hours on Lan, I like "House Of Chthon", nice and open.

Quake 2:
The Edge, obviously this is the most popular map. Sadly though there is alot of that vertical madness Tab. mentioned, however showing this map with the vertical madness is kinda debatible. Showing it though will get the Quake 2 fans all in.

Doom:
Simply Dead (red2m7 is the remake) was a favorite (well it was with alot of my friends and online friends). However that is a very basic map which would be hard to get the whole Doom gameplay in, since the trademark BFG isn't in it.

Earth:
Personally I cannot think of any maps, I found Wolfenstein 3D better than RTCW, I am just more of a classic gamer. There are not any real maps which show off Wolfenstein 3D except for the Generations map. Honestly the best way I can think of advertising this side is to make a whole new map which has RTCW and Wolf3D level design in it. Getting the classic look will get many interested and so will the RTCW look.
Personally though, I miss the RTCW Telsa - are there ever any plans to include this as Earths Lightning gun replacement (of course balance the hell outta it).

Quake 3: Use the favorite Q3DM17

I would have to say in this video to get the best advertising it would require a few games. As in on the Quake 1 map everyone plays as SlipGaters for awhile and record. Do same for Q2, Doom and Earth (play as everyone as the class, then later have all classes). Have the whole basic "Earthlings" "Doomers" "Slipgaters" "Stroggs" "Gladiators" intro where it shows the only battles. Then at the end show the whole "Throw them all together" and then show the footage of all the classes taking eachother out.

Of course this whole post is just my opinion (also I didnt read this entire post), just tossing out a few ideas.
« Last Edit: 2005-05-10, 08:27 by OoPpEe » Logged
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #45 on: 2005-05-10, 08:34 »

*ahem*
Doom:
Simply Dead (red2m7 is the remake) was a favorite (well it was with alot of my friends and online friends). However that is a very basic map which would be hard to get the whole Doom gameplay in, since the trademark BFG isn't in it.
have you even PLAYED the map?!
*twitch*
Seriously, the bfg spawns in the deathmatch-mode specific exit room, with TWO BOXES OF AMMO next to it. There's more to that map than the center square.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #46 on: 2005-05-10, 08:43 »

Hmm must of missed it. I did play it but awhile ago, with Quake 3's gameplay I basically overlooked it because of the size (I generally have a 1 on 1,  and a map that small doesn't work out too well for balancing.)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #47 on: 2005-05-10, 09:06 »

You just have to chuckle:

- post 1: don't say this
- post 2: this

Ignored, obviously.

CrioKnight

Ogre

« Reply #48 on: 2005-05-13, 18:58 »

So whats the status on the videos?
LOL.
Sorry for bringing her back to topic.
 Slipgate - Ownage
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #49 on: 2005-05-13, 19:59 »

Well, I'm probably going to try and get everyone together next week (not tomorrow, the week after). I have a feeling nowhere near enough people will show, so it may be a whole lot longer before we actually get going.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #50 on: 2005-05-13, 23:38 »

Give me a date and a time and I'll try to make it.  If nothing else I can take a still FOV demo.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #51 on: 2005-05-14, 02:11 »

I'll be able to show up one of these weekends... tho I'm not sure which. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be the same one you decide to record on.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #52 on: 2005-05-14, 03:59 »

I'm avaliable any weekday after 8pm Eastern, and all day on Tuesdays.

I'm not avaliable between 2pm and 9pm Eastern on Saturdays, but should be able to play before or after that.
Alucard

Beta Tester
Imp

« Reply #53 on: 2005-05-21, 16:22 »

So are we going to do this tonight?!

It's still going on right? Slipgate - Smile

It would be so cool!
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #54 on: 2005-05-22, 00:14 »

Doesn't look like it. It needs to be more effectively promoted I think (and we'll need to be clear on a specific date. Next week is better, the week after more so, in this respect.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: