2024-03-28, 19:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unexpected quitting (????)  (Read 7809 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« on: 2005-06-09, 22:25 »

Does anyone know what this is? I tried joining the Euro game and the game kept quitting out with this console message:

UI menu load time = 1125 milli seconds
184 bots parsed
Loading vm file vm/cgame.qvm.
VM file cgame compiled to 2054868 bytes of code
cgame loaded in 11486464 bytes on the hunk
stitched 0 LoD cracks
...loaded 835 faces, 0 meshes, 0 trisurfs, 0 flares
Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
----- Server Shutdown -----
==== ShutdownGame ====
AAS shutdown.
---------------------------
Unsupported marker type 0xbf

I'm at a complete loss.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-09, 23:39 »

You havent messed around with the .pk3 files have you? try to re-install gen and see if that helps
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-10, 00:21 »

Well, I wasn't messing about with the .pk3's, but reinstalling did the trick. I remember getting an unrelated Blue Screen Of Death the other day while Gen was running, it may have corrupted the file.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Guest_FluSyndrome

« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-11, 23:03 »

I can not run generations anymore. I got a new computer (PIV-3.2 HT- 1Gb mem, 200 Gb HD, Geforce 6800 GT 256 videocard) and installed Q3 with updates to 1.32, then installed gen and the latest update, I tried running it and didn't work, I added +set com_hunkmegs 256 and it then worked, which I found odd cause it used to run just fine with default com_hunkmegs in my old PIV-1.8 Gh, 1 Gb RAM, ATI 9700 computer. That was 3 days ago, I tried today to get oin a server and it gave me the following error:

ardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 9 selected
...creating GL context: succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
...WARNING: fullscreen unavailable in this mode
...setting mode 9: 1600 1200 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: failed, bad mode
...trying next higher resolution: failed, bad mode
...restoring display settings
...window already present, CreateWindowEx skipped
Initializing OpenGL driver
...WARNING: fullscreen unavailable in this mode
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I tried searching in googles and the answers are:
Reinstall XP
Get latest Nvidia drivers
Reinstall Application

I am not going to reinstall XP or upload new drivers cause it was running perfect 3 days ago

I did try reinstalling gen and that didn't work

I tried checking what the com_hunkmegs were in Q3config-  256 still

I renamed Q3config to have the game generate a new one- didn't work.

Help?  Is there a way to start manually at a low resolution to see if it starts?

BTW- Other games such as base Q3, Pkarena mod, Doom3, Jedi Knight, all work fine with no crashes, it is just Gen that crashes.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-12, 03:45 »

Ok, you changed video hardware... did you keep your old q3config.cfg that's in your baseq3 folder?  If so, you may have settings that while they work with Q3 are not working right with Gen.  When you remove q3config.cfg from generations, it copies the one from baseq3, and if the settings there are off it'll just keep doing this over and over.  I'd try killing the .cfg from generations, and backing up your q3config.cfg that's in baseq3 and killing that one so it loads the default config that ships with Q3.  Run Q3 once, see if everything is ok.  Start Gen up and see if it will load to the main menu.  If it does, try a level load.  If it's failing on level loads the the main screen loads ok, try forcing compressed textures to enable.  I know compressed textures always seems to help.  If it doesn't, and you keep erroring, we'll try other things.  I think it's just trying way too high a video resolution (1600 x 1200?) with some leftover settings from the old hardware causing things to muck up.  Hopefully the config wipe will fix it, then you can just copy your keybinds back in.  I'd say just lower the rez in the config, but if there are other leftover driver-specific settings you'll want them to clear out so starting clean is a good idea.

One other thing you might also check is your FSAA and anisotopic filtering settings for Quake 3 Arena, which should be on the video driver control pannel.  If those are set insanely high that could also be causing a problem.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...

« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-12, 05:57 »

Thanks Pho, I got it working now, what had happened is that I had my baseq3 cfg (as well as gen) at 1600 X 1024 (well something like that) because I was admiring the beauty with the new killer video card, I realized that what had changed was the monitor, I was running it on my 19" CRT, but a few days ago I installed my new LCD (Hyundai 19" 8ms trsponse time, really cool) and I believe it has a limit of 1280 X 1024. I'm not sure if this is it for sure but I KNOW I was running it at 1600 on my CRT, and it didnt work on my LCD. Anyways, I deleted both q3configs from baseq3 and gen so it went back to defaults, then fixed everything back out to a maxed out 1280 X1024 with all the goodies turned on, and it works like a charm at a steady 200 (capped) FPS :-)  I'll be hitting the servers soon again.  Thanks
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-12, 08:04 »

Awesome!  Thumbs up!

djbola

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-30, 23:43 »

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME???????
MY GENERATIONS ISNT WORKING WELL
WHEN I ENTER THE GAME IN THE CONSOLE OF QUKE IT GIVS ME AN ERROR OF INTERFACE
IT SAYS:::::"USER'S INTERFACE VERSION 6, EXPETED 3"
wHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!! Slipgate - Sad  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?
JUST TELL ME
I NEED IT PLEASE
« Last Edit: 2005-06-30, 23:46 by djbola » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2005-07-01, 01:59 »

Step 1: Disable capslock and start typing like a (pretend) homo sapiens, if you can manage.
Step 2: Check if you have the latest generations release, the latest Q3 Point release (1.32) and make sure they're all installed in the way the manuals/helpfiles suggest.
Step 3: If that leaves you with the problem still being a bitch, return here and type (keeping Step 1 in mind)

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-07-01, 22:35 »

Also, please only report a problem in one place.  Posting in multiple locations won't solve the problem any quicker, and only tends to annoy the forum admins.  We will help you as best as we can.
« Last Edit: 2005-07-01, 22:36 by Phoenix » Logged

djbola

« Reply #10 on: 2005-07-03, 21:03 »

Thaks A lOT And Sorry Phonix!!!!! :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: