2024-04-16, 20:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATI problems (Problems running generations)  (Read 6293 times)
Sanjuro

« on: 2005-06-14, 20:55 »

Well I just downloaded generations and thier's a problem with the program when running with a ATI radeon 9600 card. Somehow when i start the program this is what i get

Anyway to fix this?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-14, 21:06 »

1 what version of drivers you got ?
do you have quake 3 update to 1.32 ?
are you running the latest version of gen ?
did you first install 99.e and then the 99.f upgrade .
you do know that 99.f is only an update and that you first have to install 99.e ?

do you always had this or was there a time you didnt had that ?

little bit more specific pls .
« Last Edit: 2005-06-14, 21:08 by games keeper » Logged
Sanjuro

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-14, 21:09 »

Quote from: games keeper
1 what version of drivers you got ?
do you have quake 3 update to 1.32 ?
are you running the latest version of gen ?

do you always had this or was there a time you didnt had that ?

little bit more specific pls .
yes i have the lastest version for both generations and quake3 and running the lastest version of generation by the shortcut. and it started once i start up the game and no matter how many times i escape and start it up again i still have this problem.
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-14, 23:25 »

ok i've had this problem before

it's because generations uses a modified version of the Team Arena start up

have you got any map files other than the gen files in the generation folder or Base q3 folder

usually it's maps that were first designed on 1.17 or 1.16n revisions that are now incompatible with 1.32

such as piedm1 and mario opposing castles ( which by the way is an excellent map for weapons factory)

it's due to the coding of these map that effects the pages

try taking out all the extra maps you have then trying them 1 at a time to see which ones send the screen funny

you'll probably find it's only one or two and the rest work just fine Thumbs up!
Sanjuro

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-14, 23:56 »

Thanks. Idon't have map files, but i do have alot of skins. I'll just try each one one by one and the ones that causes connfrintation I'll delete from the folder.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-15, 02:48 »

This looks like there's a broken shader somewhere preventing Gen's shaders from processing correctly.  You might want to hit "~" and bring down the console.  Scroll up and see if there is anything printed in yellow, especially if it says the word "shader" or "stage".  If there is, type /condump errorlog.txt and email me the file and I'll see if I can help sort it out for you.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-15, 02:53 »

I have Opposing Castles and Gen works fine, however the main cause of this I've found is, as you rightly stated, certain models/skins, such as Ash, Sephiroth and Neuget the hamster. They are the only three I know of.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-15, 06:50 »

When I was having probs with Gen awhile back I had that Sephiroth skin also, but until know I didn't know that's what caused it. Thank God you mentioned it. I was almost tempted to down load it again. Thumbs up!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: