2024-03-29, 14:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DOOM and VOLTRON (Defenders of the Awesome)  (Read 6320 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2005-07-27, 04:44 »

Doom movie trailer:
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/636/636398p1.html

Voltron movie in production:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050726/film_n...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-27, 07:20 »

What's the point?

Beer? I'm down.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-27, 09:52 »

DooM is nice (yeii The Rock is in) but Voltron? WHAT THE HELL??? McDeth is right, What's the point? How can they make a non-animated Voltron Movie look cool? It's like making a Power Rangers movie. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be?
« Last Edit: 2005-07-27, 09:55 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-27, 17:59 »

Well I suppose that depends on whether they use animatronics, CGI (more likely), or actors dressed up in clunky plastic suits (like Power Rangers, etc).  Big robots can look good if done right (Robot Jox) but I'm concerned the movie will suffer from the usual "lets make all TV-to-movie adaptations as corny and cheesy as possible!" syndrome.

The Doom trailer actually looks decent, which is a relief, though trailers can look good and a movie can still be lousy.  I'll wait and see for myself.

Oh yes, and I hear rumors of a "Transformers" movie..  funny, I thought there had already been one.  You know, with the giant planet-eating machine.
 Slipgate - Asleep

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-27, 19:34 »

I hope they make a Pokemon movie... or maybye a Super Mario movie... oh wait, THERE ALREADY IS ONE! C'mon people stop with the lamme movies.

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #5 on: 2005-07-29, 03:49 »

Of course I'm right, when am I not?

These movies will blow harder than Lewinsky in a blue dress. Yes, a Monica joke, I haven't seen any in a while, so I thought I would put one out there. I rule.

Beer? I'm down.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-07-29, 04:08 »

You're right, McDeth

Who can win against overwhelming pessimism and abject negativity?
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2005-07-29, 09:17 »

I haven't caught the DOOM trailer myself (I'm on 56k at the moment,) but from what I've read, the DOOM movie seems to be shaping up into something that is somewhat reminiscent of the game.  Like Phoenix said though, I'll wait and see. Slipgate - Smile

As for a Voltron movie, I was never into the series much, but I'm a huge fan of sentai/giant robots and there seriously needs to be more live-action movies involving such.  I personally prefer detailed suits and animatronic puppets to CG, but as long as it's done right, it's done right.
« Last Edit: 2005-07-29, 09:18 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #8 on: 2005-07-31, 02:41 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
You're right, McDeth

Who can win against overwhelming pessimism and abject negativity?
Oh, you're right Con. There is a way to convert an already bad story line like Voltron into an academy award winning film. BTW, the Rock is an esteemed actor and should be praised borderline fellatio for his award winning  portrayel of "The Scorpion King". Oh wait...

Forget how they already shat on the DooM storyline. How soon we forget...

Beer? I'm down.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #9 on: 2005-07-31, 03:39 »

Hey, here's a random idea that probably makes no sense at all. Why not wait for the movie to be released, then go watch it and judge it on its own merit (or lack thereof), rather than saying, "It's not identical to the game, so it'll suck"?

Or is that completely beyond you, McDeth?

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #10 on: 2005-07-31, 04:12 »

Quote from: Makou
Hey, here's a random idea that probably makes no sense at all. Why not wait for the movie to be released, then go watch it and judge it on its own merit (or lack thereof), rather than saying, "It's not identical to the game, so it'll suck"?

Or is that completely beyond you, McDeth?
Actually it's beneath me. I guess my "opinion" upsets you. I apologize for your suffering and may you find peace.

As an aside: Does the last line in Makou's post count as "troll bait"? I wasn't aware I was being insulting.
« Last Edit: 2005-07-31, 04:15 by McDeth » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #11 on: 2005-07-31, 05:25 »

You opinion is baseless. You have not witnessed the thing which you have already apparently formed an opinion on. Your opinion, as such, is invalid. And you are not the only person who does this kind of thing -- it bothers me. A lot.

No, it is not troll bait; it's a genuine question. You have one of the most pessimistic, condecending, and stand-offish personalities of anyone I've ever known. Add that to the fact that you sometimes really seem think you are (or are similar to) the movie character depicted in your avatar and signature, and I felt as though I needed to ask.
« Last Edit: 2005-07-31, 05:27 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2005-07-31, 06:16 »

Deth: Just shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!

Entertaining and Acadamy Award-winning are two completely different things. So take your negativity and stick it up your pessimistic, standoffish puckered asshole and go spork yourself.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2005-07-31, 07:00 »

You know I really get tired of people posting nothing but negativity, then turning around and playing little "intellectual" games when people get fed up with it.  Projection and attempts to blame shift or turn it around aren't going to work, and none of the admins here are gullible enough to buy it.  Also, we (the admins) and we alone will decide what's troll bait and what's not.  You have no grounds for complaining about insults, considering you do nothing but tear down and belittle anymore.  Also, don't forget Makou is a team member, so do your best to not piss him off.

Ever hear the phrase "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all"?  Apply that here.  I'm past the "oh but being sarcastic is just my sense of humor."  Since nobody "gets it" or appreciates it, and nobody wants it, it's not welcome here.  Trying to kiss up to me in a PM isn't going to change my mind here either.  Either drop the condescending negative tone, or the only thing you'll kiss is the ban hammer.  The ice is already cracking beneath you.  Watch your step.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: