2024-04-24, 22:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back on track (Version 2)  (Read 7249 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2005-08-15, 12:49 »

First, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this year's Generations tournament at QCon. I wish I could have been there to see it myself, but maybe next year. Congratulations to Goldensly and orb!t_ua_ for making it to the finals, and they get mucho props for making it an all-Strogg final. Maybe it can be all-Slipgate next year!

And in other news, is that a gametype poll I see? Why, yes it is!

Voidality - Thanks to Tabun for the name (and though nobody knows this, mecha helped me with the initial idea), we crank up the knockback setting and play only on space maps. Set your handicap low, and you've got a WWE Royal Rumble-ish situation where the option isn't necessarily to beat your opponents into submission, but to knock them out of the arena!

Low gravity - Space marines! We turn down the gravity and choose larger maps for that Ziggurat Vertigo feeling. This would likely be a Doom- and/or Slipgate-only game, since low gravity is not rail-friendly.

Per-map FFA - Various settings change with each map. If you play on the Euro server regularly, you know what this is like!

Per-map TDM - The same idea, only team deathmatch.

Fully loaded - Speaks for itself.

This poll will be up until Saturday, and will determine what next Thursday's game will be like. Vote now!
« Last Edit: 2005-08-15, 13:13 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-15, 14:17 »

Low gravity - Space marines! We turn down the gravity and choose larger maps for that Ziggurat Vertigo feeling. This would likely be a Doom- and/or Slipgate-only game, since low gravity is not rail-friendly.
Not Doom-friendly either, what with his lack of air control Slipgate - Wink

Should be a fun slippy run though Slipgate - Laugh

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-15, 14:51 »

Are you kidding?  Doom is the original Space Marine.  You'd be surprised what that extra speed can do so long as you handle your jumps right.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-15, 18:33 »

btw , if the maker of a map just keeps out the railgun , it will hardly ever show up in the game . and doom may have a disadvantage in aircontrol , but that chaingun makes up for the lack of aircontrol .
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-15, 18:56 »

I choose Voidality for great fun! Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-15, 19:24 »

Games:  You're forgetting that the lightning gun also gives Doom a chaingun.  Don't underestimate the 12 Gauge either, or any of Doom's other weapons.  Ever see someone get pinned to the ceiling by a plasma rifle in low G?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-17, 16:36 »

but you can also get a chaingun from an electrogun.
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-21, 01:33 »

And what would you say for Wicked Voidality, with negative knockback ?   Slipgate - Ninja
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-24, 22:45 »

That would be more like a Voidality lip-lock Slipgate - Smile

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: