2024-04-16, 18:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QCon2K5 Tourney Demos! (Come and Get It!)  (Read 5300 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-08-18, 01:18 »

LeeMon has provided us with 8 demos of the QuakeCon 2005 Generations Tournament!  I won't spoil the action with details - you'll just have to watch the action for yourself.  Snag the file HERE and unzip into your generations/demos folder.  Load them up through the main menu and enjoy!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-18, 07:18 »

Fun to watch awsome! Thanks guys for demos, and thanks players for putting on one hell of a show. I watched these instead of going to a movie.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-19, 20:22 »

The final was kind of lop-sided though, orb!t was having a ball, it seems. All in all nice demos and a good job of recording!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-19, 20:54 »

I've never been fond of Vertical Vengeance in either incarnation, so that was a bit disappointing for a final map.  The MOTD said "random maps" so you play with what comes up.  I think something like Bad Place would have been much more interesting an environment, but that's just me talking (and to think I used to hate that map earlier on).  The demos recorded well, and were quite good.  The "sudden death" messages during warmup were rather amusing.  I've never really paid much attention to tourney warmup messages in spec mode before.
« Last Edit: 2005-08-19, 20:55 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Goldensly

Beta Tester
Lost Soul

« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-04, 18:31 »

yea, big note to self on that last one.  1) Dont play on a map I dont know for the final. :S and 2) dont tell the other guy how to get the railgun if hes a sharpshooter lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: