2024-03-29, 15:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thursday Throwdown (8-25)  (Read 5922 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2005-08-25, 03:14 »

It's custom game time here at Wirehead Studios! With nothing short of a landslide victory, we've got Voidality coming at you. Space maps will rule the day, the knockback setting will be jacked up, and we ask that everyone set the handicap really low -- 10 is a good setting -- so you'll have to knock people out of the arena to lower their score rather than frag them to raise yours! No classes will be barred, but I suggest a class that can really knock people around. Doom for his SSG works, and Slipgate for his RL is an obvious choice. But feel free to pick whatever you want! Server info is on the servers page!

Also, we have a new game settings poll up, this one for 09/01/2005. It'll come down Sunday night, so vote now!

Your choices are:

Low gravity - Space marines! We turn down the gravity and choose larger maps for that Ziggurat Vertigo feeling. This would likely be a Doom- and/or Slipgate-only game, since low gravity is not rail-friendly.

Per-map FFA - Various settings change with each map. If you play on the Euro server regularly, you know what this is like!

Per-map TDM - The same idea, only team deathmatch.

Fully loaded FFA - Start with all weapons, loaded down with ammo and armor.

Slipgate-only FFA - Normal deathmatch rules with only the Slipgaters class.
« Last Edit: 2005-08-25, 03:17 by Tabun » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-25, 15:12 »

Space maps only, eh?  Too bad we don't have Plutonians in there anymore!  US Server's all set up, space-maps only, with 5x knockback.  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: 2005-08-25, 15:40 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-25, 16:00 »

I think we'll go with per-map differing class-settings for this weeks custom game, unless the people popping on the server express their desire to play Voidality. The Euro crowd has seen a few Voidality-nights already, and you can have too much of a good thing.. ;]

But do not despair, tonights game will be fun as ever!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
rhY

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-27, 21:32 »

How about just not putting rail guns in the vertigo map?  You can still have all the classes, just no rail guns!

rhY
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-27, 22:27 »

There is currently no way to disable individual weapons. If we could do this, then believe me, it would be all classes with railguns disabled. Slipgate - Wink

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-28, 08:30 »

Generations does not support weapon disabling, owing to the complexity of cross-class weapon interactions.  In a future release we may have selective gameplay modes that have "themed" options regarding weapons - explosives only, BFG Fury, etc.  Once the core logic for weapon behavior is finalized, then I can start tweaking that sort of thing, but for now, Doom and Slipgate low grav it shall be!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: