2024-04-20, 12:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Player  (Read 4390 times)
India51A

« on: 2005-11-21, 10:45 »

Hi, I'm just wondering if you can play Generations SP, as with most other Mods you can?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-21, 10:56 »

Yes and no.

Yes, you can play Generations Arena versus bots. You can play the normal Q3 tier maps or any other map. If a map doesn't have a 'single player setup' that makes the /spmap command useful, you can add bots yourself with the /addbot command. (but all that is in the manual)

No, you cannot play Generations Arena in true single player fashion (yet?). There are no missions or hordes of monsters, keys and storylines (well, not in-game storylines anyway). The project that would solve that would be Resurgence, but at the moment there's little to say about that, other than that it was a nice idea ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-21, 16:27 »

The normal Q3 "Single Player" mode will be re-introduced at some point, hopefully in 1.0.  It's going to depend on how hard it is to get the single player to work with our current user interface.  As for Resurgence, I'm not going to comment at this point.  I won't say it's a dead issue, but there's just so much to do ahead of it that it's nowhere near close.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
India51A

« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-21, 16:51 »

I'd be grateful if someone could write in here the exact command I have to enter in console to add a bot, I can't seem to get it to work.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-21, 18:08 »

/addbot [botname] [skill]

For example:

/addbot Doom 3

Will add a "Hurt Me Plenty" Doom bot to the game.

/addbot Ranger 5

Will add a "Nightmare" skill Ranger bot the the game.

If playing a team game, specify team as follows:

/addbot Grunt 2 red
/addbot Sorlag 4 blue

If you just want a random collection of bots on the server, you can set the following:

/bot_minplayers 4

3 bots will join to keep you company.  If you go into a spectator mode, a fourth bot will join to fill your spot.  Bots will join or leave as needed to keep a minimum of 4 players on the server at all times.  You can set this number up to whatever the g_maxclients cvar is set to (usually 8, unless you change that).  If you want to disable the automatic joining of bots, set bot_minplayers back to 0.  During team play, bot_minplayers specifies the minimum number of players per team.  If it's set to 3, that means 3 players per team, for 6 players total.

To remove a bot, type the following:

/kick [botname]

To kick Doom off the server, type:

/kick Doom.

If you want to kick all the bots off at once, type:

/kick allbots

Just remember that if you kick a bot while bot_minplayers is higher than 0, new bots will rejoin to fill the empty spaces.

India51A

« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-22, 18:10 »

Thanks very much for that information, it's very much appreciated.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-22, 23:52 »

No problem.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.  Thumbs up!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: